Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 07:48 AM

Re: If someone was to walk through your front door right now...

I clean as I go so my house is always ok.....I'm not good with mess and grubby. We are all different though ...each to their own.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 10:32 AM

If visitors/guests can feel relaxed in the house, that's OK. I think they do here. I have been in places and felt uncomfortable where everything is too spotlessly clean and tidy.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
If visitors/guests can feel relaxed in the house, that's OK.
No it isn't. The more relaxed they feel, the longer they are likely to stay.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 11:49 AM

I'd not be bothered either way, I try to keep everything tidy BUT, this is a farm and there's often things in the kitchen you wouldn't expect to find, IE feed buckets, bin of chopped turnips (sheep) even a sheep sometimes if it's one that's been hand reared, they can visit.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 01:28 PM

Carol, I finish the TD before everything is bone dry, and hang on airers to finish off, then put away the next day. It just means it’s like before, but with no dampness about. I find I’m pouring off half a litre of water from the condensing tank. There is just me to worry about the mess.

I now have two dog towels hanging to dry. They went in the dryer earlier but I don’t like having it on for hours, so they were taken out still very damp.

I will have a whizz round later, tidying up. Right this minute, I feel like going back to bed for awhile, before lunch.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Carol, I finish the TD before everything is bone dry, and hang on airers to finish off, then put away the next day. It just means it’s like before, but with no dampness about.
I just leave mine in the TD until really dry & then put straight away. If it's stuff that needs ironing though I might take it out before quite dry - easier to iron.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 03:09 PM

Bought a new iron a few weeks ago, and only got as far as unpacking it from the box.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 03:18 PM

My house is tidy and minimalist, just little ole me . I'm tidy minded and like shiny services so I do polish my kitchen worktop and my circular glass table as I love the clean reflective light. But my cupboards inside are a jumble though not grubby . I could do with tidying them up but I'm not really bothered as no one comes anyway .

I do clean my front door weekly as its white and gets very dirty on a main road. I do say that your front door tells all , if its dirty then inside could be too 😁
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 03:19 PM

My house is immaculate,...I don’t clean to impress anyone,neither is it a show home,it’s a home that I love,...I cannot stand being in a house that is dusty and unkempt...I have always had high standards.

I have just bought a flash powermop,it’s brilliant and I found dirt on my floor!..so it’s not as immaculate as I thought it was,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I clean as I go so my house is always ok.....I'm not good with mess and grubby. We are all different though ...each to their own.

I know you are immaculate.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top