Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 02:44 PM

Re: Do You Use ‘Forum Lingo’?

Hi

Significant Others for me are the two Pretendies, one about to become a teenager, the other one who is 11 and thinks she is 30.

Jacob is becoming more ill, I will be seeing him in a fortnight for the first time in a year.

Nadi is now a complete pain and I am keeping out of it with the rows with her Mum.

I am a mere man, I know when I am beat.

Boys are easy, Jacob wants to come round asap with his friend and spend a day female free gaming and eating Pizza.

I can arrange that.

His friend also has an annoying little sister.

Both Mums are happy with that, there is no way they are staying over, Mum is picking them up at 8pm.

A day of peace and quiet for all.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 02:54 PM

Abbreviations I use fairly regularly on internet forums are:
BiL = brother-in-law
SiL = sister-in-law
AFAIK = as far as I know
IIRC = if I remember correctly
IMHO = in my humble opinion
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 04:02 PM

I often use thanks for.sharing but I dont see it as a forum lingo, its just im saying im glad you shared that because I enjoyed it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 04:05 PM

Two others I use frequently are OMG and WTF - both self-explanatory.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 04:18 PM

There are quite a few that are genuinely useful IMHO.

Speaking for myself the use of such abbreviations all harks back to the early days of mobile phone texts, when these abbreviations were cheaper to send than full words because texts were charged per number of characters sent back in the days where mobile phones had aerials.
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 05:05 PM

Lmao.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 06:07 PM

I need to practice practice practice abbreviating .
. BTW 😂 I tried the baked beans on Weetabix I buttered the bix heated the beans they were ok but think I’ll stay with toast .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
I need to practice practice practice abbreviating .
. BTW 😂 I tried the baked beans on Weetabix I buttered the bix heated the beans they were ok but think I’ll stay with toast .
Yaaay! Well done Ripple! At least you didn't think it was awful and what a waste of time & beans

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top