Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 07:05 PM

Re: I need help to set a booby trap please...

Looking at the photo Carol took, trying to get the meter moved to a more secure location is totally dependant on the official classification/designation of the access path between the properties. Even if members of the public use it as an access point to whatever is at the end of that path, if the path is not designated as a public access route then the utility company has ever right to refuse to move the gas meter because securing that access path would be the responsibility of the owners of the buildings.

Carol needs to contact her local council to find out if that access path is public or private because if the access path is designated as public access then that gas meter should have never been put there as it's in breach of building regulations. Carol also needs to find out what her property boundary lines are because if the boundary line is right on that wall then again the meter has been installed incorrectly because any attempt to secure the gas meter would mean cages and such sticking out those going beyond the properties boundary line thus meaning not cage or anything could be fitted onto the wall.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 11:25 PM

Thanks again everybody & also thanks to the concerned member who thought my picture was revealing too much information..

The meter cupboard door has been there a long time but it's only in the past year or so that it's had the door torn off - 3 times in total so far.

I'm still thinking about what to do that takes least effort...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
After a preliminary enquiry to my power supplier (e-on) via messenger on face-book, I have been told it is my responsibility to see the meter is secure & in a safe place.

Of course I haven't taken that lying down.

Be interesting to see what their next reply will be...

I don't get that, YOU didn't install it in such a stupid place, so how can they say it is your responsibility to see it's in a safe place?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Just read online that you have to pay for it to be moved, unless you have a really good reason why it needs to be moved, they may do it for free, it’s illegal to move it yourself..it can cost between £400 to £1,000

So I'd like to know who would be held responsible if it it was tampered with by whoever's doing this, and there was a gas explosion because of it?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-06-2021, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Looking at the photo Carol took, trying to get the meter moved to a more secure location is totally dependant on the official classification/designation of the access path between the properties. Even if members of the public use it as an access point to whatever is at the end of that path, if the path is not designated as a public access route then the utility company has ever right to refuse to move the gas meter because securing that access path would be the responsibility of the owners of the buildings.

Carol needs to contact her local council to find out if that access path is public or private because if the access path is designated as public access then that gas meter should have never been put there as it's in breach of building regulations. Carol also needs to find out what her property boundary lines are because if the boundary line is right on that wall then again the meter has been installed incorrectly because any attempt to secure the gas meter would mean cages and such sticking out those going beyond the properties boundary line thus meaning not cage or anything could be fitted onto the wall.

Good post, Dodge.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-06-2021, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Doing what, who knows if anyone has tampered with it?

That cupboard door could have been damaged by the wind.

She has no proof that someone has “ tampered” with it?

A gas explosion, again an assumption of what you think may happen. If someone tampered with it.

Any cases of explosion in the UK because someone has tampered with a gas meter?......any information,be interesting to read, thanks.

Pauline, I can't see this being wind damage when Carol herself said it is the third time this has happened, and I very much doubt if the wind tore all her gaffa tape off either.

As for a possible gas explosion, it wasn't 'an assumption' of any such thing! It was a hyperthetical question.
Why on earth do I need to supply information for a hyperthetical comment?

If I may say, you do seem awfully tense tonight.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 08:34 AM

Wind damage?

I don't think do!!

How can the wind tear it off on a warm summers night with not even a breeze about?

It's vandalism alright.
I look forward to inking their fingers up.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 08:44 AM

Wind damage?

I don't think do!!

How can the wind tear it off on a warm summers night with not even a breeze about?

It's vandalism alright.
I look forward to inking their fingers up.

If you are looking forward to “ inking” their fingers up, especially posting here for all to see, you are taking revenge onto yourself, therefore no different to them, it could be kids that are doing this, that’s if it is being vandalised, you don’t know, what if they get that ink in their eyes?

You certainly haven’t thought through what you are about to do, you are imo reacting as a child would.....all this hate you have for your neighbour/ s won’t do your health any good...

After you ink them up, then what Carol?....wait for the revenge from the other side, watch it spiral.....oh well, up to you in the end, you’ll do what you want to do anyway, regardless of members giving good advice.

Just seeing it from my point of view that’s all Carol....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

09-06-2021, 08:56 AM

Aw Pauline - I don't hate my neighbours. I just find them an irritation.
Luckily, such is the lay out of our houses that I don't have to see them often...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 08:59 AM

Aw Pauline - I don't hate my neighbours. I just find them an irritation.
Luckily, such is the lay out of our houses that I don't have to see them often...
You did say on another thread ,Carol, that you couldn’t stand one or even hate one of your neighbours, your bollard thread I believe, I’m glad to hear you don’t hate him....

Sometimes hate doesn’t really mean hate, comes out when we’re angry. For some that is.

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top