Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 01:51 PM

Re: A thought for Wednesday

Originally Posted by mart ->
I'm glad we give each other a laugh.
No problem mart....I consider you a good friend really....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Which demonstrates that the quote by Voltaire is invalid.
Well I don't know why I'm defending the quote, I didn't write it. I just thought it was humorous and probably as near the truth today as it was then, but there are a few closed minds on this forum....

I'm not putting modern medical science down, but I think we sometimes we fail to appreciate just how marvelous our bodies are...
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
No problem mart....I consider you a good friend really....
Of course we are.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 06:04 PM

Are you sure you should be having all these thoughts foxy..?
it might be dangerous
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Are you sure you should be having all these thoughts foxy..?
it might be dangerous
You only die once.

Hey old foxy, free spirit ....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 07:40 PM

That quote always makes sense but it doesn't mention how "amusing" the patient includes cleaning a wound, putting in stitches, doing a heart transplant, changing dressings, making sure that the wound doesn't get infected, treating the infection with antibiotics so the patient doesn't die, giving fluids, draining fluids, emptying a catheter bag, helping the patient go to the loo again, washing them, feeding them through a tube, monitoring their heart, blood pressure, giving them pain relief, rehabilitating them, physio, mobility aids, counselling for life changing conditions, chemotherapy to keep them alive etc etc etc.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-06-2021, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That quote always makes sense but it doesn't mention how "amusing" the patient includes cleaning a wound, putting in stitches, doing a heart transplant, changing dressings, making sure that the wound doesn't get infected, treating the infection with antibiotics so the patient doesn't die, giving fluids, draining fluids, emptying a catheter bag, helping the patient go to the loo again, washing them, feeding them through a tube, monitoring their heart, blood pressure, giving them pain relief, rehabilitating them, physio, mobility aids, counselling for life changing conditions, chemotherapy to keep them alive etc etc etc.
Point taken Annie, no more 'Thought for the day'.....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top