Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 12:28 PM

Re: I have noticed

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Haha yeah, queen of sheba good thinking batman
Does that make you my queen then? Now that does sound a bit iffy
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I like the name Muddy it’s was not my first choice but I bodged up the joining process so had to start again and choose a different name .
Yeah Muddy's good - did you muddy the waters when you bodged it up then? Or are you a fan of Muddy Waters?
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

11-06-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Call me Poo - I don't care I don't care if you call me Bear.

Just don't call me late for tea.
I no, I can't call you Poo, that's almost as bad as BS

I think I can bear to call you Bear though, that sounds much friendlier. Cuddly even
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I have noticed on forums and other social media that abbreviating usernames is very common. So, for example, Lion Queen becomes LQ, Pixie Knuckles is often PK, Longdogs is LD and so on.

I hope no one does this with my username

Are there any others out there that could be a bit iffy, or even offensive, if abbreviated in this way?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 01:57 PM

My name is already abbreviated. It's actually Judderman and still is on some sites. Everyone on A. N. Other site started calling me Judd and so I decided to use that name when I joined here.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Bullshit.... As in rubbish, crap, etc.

Oh of course. Fancy me not knowing that.

Probably because it's a word that doesn't come into my vocabulary.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

11-06-2021, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
My name is already abbreviated. It's actually Judderman and still is on some sites. Everyone on A. N. Other site started calling me Judd and so I decided to use that name when I joined here.
It sounds judd fine to me
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 02:17 PM

My username, other than the '46' is already an abbreviation of my name so cannot be shortened much further. It was a username from two previous forums (fora?) and when they closed I migrated to the same new sites as others, keeping the username to be recognised. As on here, we were not allowed to mention names of previous sites, other members names or any forum usernames, so that was that problem easily solved without breaking any rules or offending or upsetting anyone.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 02:27 PM

My physics teacher called me Ginge short for Ginger. A long time ago. Now I'm Besoeker. I used that rather than my own name for business purposes.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No! I was ‘Art’ here first!! Stamps my foot and goes off to sob my heart out!!

You can call, ‘The Artful Todger’ .... ‘The’!
Arty to me always was always will be,

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top