Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 05:29 PM

Re: Opining an opinion

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and it makes the forum fun and interesting. But it doesn't make anyone right, and hopefully as Twink said, differing opinions can be respected and not let it tar an otherwise good friendship.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
No, I don't mind my opinion being challenged and while I very often do form my own opinion, I can be persuaded to change my mind, if I feel the argument is strong enough to do so.

What really gets my goat is when people attack me for posting my opinion.

I must admit, I really don’t understand why opinions are sometimes attacked, on saying that, maybe they feel very strongly that their opinion is right, I have done the same thing,I have got very defensive over my belief and opinion, came to the realisation, that another’s opinion is just that ,an opinion , not to be taken personally,

I have watched myself react to an opinion from another member ,because I took it personally....I am learning to take my time, when reading a reply addressed to me,walk away if I feel I need to, or really study it, then reply, instead of rushing in because it upset my ego,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
We had a related thread a while ago.

My op was:

Ok, thanks for posting that, I usually end my post imo,but, not always.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-06-2021, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and it makes the forum fun and interesting. But it doesn't make anyone right, and hopefully as Twink said, differing opinions can be respected and not let it tar an otherwise good friendship.

I believe some of us can take replies personally, what some see as rude posts, others don’t.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 05:56 PM

I dont believe I am an opinionated woman, I have thoughts and feelings about things and Express those thoughts but I'm open to listening to why someone thinks/ feels and sees that same thing differently , if discussed I may look at it a different way which will add to the way I see it .

Having spent a week with my opinionated sister who thinks her opinions are right and should be listened to and her opinionated ways are just overwhelming and just too much to hear at times . I dont think it's a nice quality in someone tbh .
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Do you believe in your own opinion....or do you follow others?
After 35 years of using online forums (a lot of it in pre-Internet days) I soon learnt that no-one goes to an online forum with the intent of having their opinons changed. People only go to them to have their opinions "proved right" or to change the opinions of OTHER people.

I never bother looking up the opinions of other people on an online forum because it ultimately serves no useful purpose.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-06-2021, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
After 35 years of using online forums (a lot of it in pre-Internet days) I soon learnt that no-one goes to an online forum with the intent of having their opinons changed. People only go to them to have their opinions "proved right" or to change the opinions of OTHER people.

I never bother looking up the opinions of other people on an online forum because it ultimately serves no useful purpose.

That’s a very interesting way of looking at it,Tachyon,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-06-2021, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I dont believe I am an opinionated woman, I have thoughts and feelings about things and Express those thoughts but I'm open to listening to why someone thinks/ feels and sees that same thing differently , if discussed I may look at it a different way which will add to the way I see it .

Having spent a week with my opinionated sister who thinks her opinions are right and should be listened to and her opinionated ways are just overwhelming and just too much to hear at times . I dont think it's a nice quality in someone tbh .

I think you are right, it’s not a nice quality, sometimes we can overwhelm others, with our opinions.....usually because we keep voicing and won’t let it go....that spoke to me Susan, thank you.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Do you mind yours being challenged?
Not in the slightest.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 07:15 PM

You can have all the opinions you want but realistically who takes any notice, or even remembers them?
They are yesterday’s news, down the forum page and usually forgotten!

None of us can change anything in the world..

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top