Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 03:16 PM

Re: Managing Your Medicines?

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I wouldn't hold your breath for them....!
Someone said that they were taking Suppositories.

But for all the good they did him, he might as well have stuck them up his..XXXX.!

Deleted to avoid giving a fence (or a gate).

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Someone said that they were taking Suppositories.

But for all the good they did him, he might as well have stuck them up his..XXXX.!

Deleted to avoid giving a fence (or a gate).

Haha!
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I take six a day, all in the same mouthful, after breakfast. One of them is 10mg statin which the chemist said take in the evening. I've always ignored that, and taken it at the same time as the rest.
I only take two a day, blood thinners and statins, same with myself dood, mines a 40mg but take it mornings with breakfast so I don't forget. Oh and a asthma preventer two puffs twice a day, when I do my teeth, all a routine I'm in.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If we have to take half a dozen tablets, a day, at various times, then we have to make sure that we manage it all without hiccups.

We might die if we mess it up.

I get my tablets, in 3 month prescriptions, and sort them all into little plastic weekly sorting boxes.

I don't like it, though, as messing around with little fiddly tablets (where you have to put on your specs to see what they are) is annoying.

Has anyone got a really efficient way of handling this?
My wife!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
My wife!
Unless you are prepared to put her at Ted's disposal, that isn't much help, Besoeker.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I only take two a day, blood thinners and statins, same with myself dood, mines a 40mg but take it mornings with breakfast so I don't forget. Oh and a asthma preventer two puffs twice a day, when I do my teeth, all a routine I'm in.
I've google about that statins at night-time theory, and one site says maybe best for certain types. I take Atorvastatin ... not one of those types. Yes, I don't mind taking half a dozen pills a day, but only if it's all done just once a day.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Unless you are prepared to put her at Ted's disposal, that isn't much help, Besoeker.
It is - to me.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I take six a day, all in the same mouthful, after breakfast. One of them is 10mg statin which the chemist said take in the evening. I've always ignored that, and taken it at the same time as the rest.
Depends on which statin you take, d00d.

All statins with the exception of rosavatatin have be taken in the evening because they are 80% more effective if they work when you are asleep than if you take them during the day.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Depends on which statin you take, d00d.

All statins with the exception of rosavatatin have be taken in the evening because they are 80% more effective if they work when you are asleep than if you take them during the day.
As I've said, I take Atorvastatin, and 10mgs, the smallest possible dose. And I works for me.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
It is - to me.
But this thread is about Ted.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top