Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 04:38 PM

Re: I need help to set a booby trap please...

Hi Carol, there is some more information here regarding the gas supply network. The people that charge you aren't necessarily the same people that are responsible for the supply pipe, so it may well be worth getting more information from those people, particularly as your supply isn't secure at the moment? Nothing to lose by asking anyway perhaps ...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 06:06 PM

The only company who will move the meter is my local network distributer & they charge somewhere in the region of £1,000 to move it where it needs to be.

I've tried - I've given up. Just can't be bothered with it all.

I've now applied the sticky paint along with a warning.

I've got a smart meter so we don't have to open the door ever again.

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 06:25 PM

Good for you Carol. You have tried everything to get help, and nobody will, so who could blame you for taking matters into your own hands? Bravo!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 06:26 PM

Good luck then Carol, hope it works..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
The only company who will move the meter is my local network distributer & they charge somewhere in the region of £1,000 to move it where it needs to be.

I've tried - I've given up. Just can't be bothered with it all.

I've now applied the sticky paint along with a warning.

I've got a smart meter so we don't have to open the door ever again.
Did you think about getting the trail camera I suggested earlier? They are very cheap and you would have proof of their activities.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 10:57 AM

Hi Bruce, thanks for the suggestion but I'm really not all that bothered. I'm not interested in filming them, even if the camera is cheap.

I don't imagine they'll attempt anything now the sticky vandal paint is on.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 05:15 PM

Hi Bruce, thanks for the suggestion but I'm really not all that bothered. I'm not interested in filming them, even if the camera is cheap.

I don't imagine they'll attempt anything now the sticky vandal paint is on.
Is it low down ,your meter and the sticky paint Carol. Also is it a long the track where the public walk?

You may have problems if it is, just read up about it online.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 10:24 PM

Carol ,if it is your neighbours, who have tampered with your gas box, they don’t need to touch it, they could use a crowbar on it, it may sound far fetched, but you will be surprised what some people will do if they have a vendetta against you....

I hope this won’t be the case.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

13-06-2021, 11:46 PM

Hi Pauline - yes it's low down but there's no reason for anybody to walk so close that they're touching the wall.

The thought has crossed my mind that a small child could touch it. We would have to deal with that situation if it happened.

Other than that I would imagine the warning sign would be enough to deter anybody.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-06-2021, 11:50 PM

Hi Pauline - yes it's low down but there's no reason for anybody to walk so close that they're touching the wall.

The thought has crossed my mind that a small child could touch it. We would have to deal with that situation if it happened.

Other than that I would imagine the warning sign would be enough to deter anybody.

Carol,I read online something about clothing, ..there was more to it,but didn’t read further, then it read that they could sue you.

Just be careful, as I would hate to see that sort of thing happen to you, ..

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top