Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 07:10 PM

Thai Coconut milk

Does anyone here buy coconut milk?

Personally I don't use it, but for anyone who does, you might change your mind if you saw the cruelty involved in obtaining it.

Young monkeys are taken from the wild and trained to pick the coconuts for humans.
This on its own might seem quite an enjoyable job, climbing trees all day, but it is how they are kept while not working that is the issue.

They are chained to objects by the neck all their life.
Some have their teeth pulled out. Some end up going mental.

Humans and their cruelty yet again.

https://investigations.peta.org/monk...-coconut-milk/
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 07:12 PM

Re: Thai Coconut milk

I didn't click the link Mup's because I don't want to be saddened by it. I used to drink coconut milk but switched to regular almond or cashew nut milk a couple of years ago. I sincerely hope no animals are used to collect them
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 07:22 PM

How do you manage to find such articles on animal abuse?
Do you look for the articles or just happen to stumble upon them?
I refuse to look at the link.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
How do you manage to find such articles on animal abuse?
Do you look for the articles or just happen to stumble upon them?
I refuse to look at the link.

Hello Bratti, no I certainly don't go looking for horrid articles!
It happened to be in my newspaper a few days ago, although not with the link.

I abhor cruelty Bratti, and I understand if you don't want to see the link. Other posters put links up which I don't want to look at too, so I can imagine how you feel.

Part of me though, thinks the more people who close their eyes to it, the longer it will go on.
This is why I am saying don't buy the milk.

Sorry if I have upset you.

I am quite happy for the Mods to remove the thread if they think it necessary.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-06-2021, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I didn't click the link Mup's because I don't want to be saddened by it. I used to drink coconut milk but switched to regular almond or cashew nut milk a couple of years ago. I sincerely hope no animals are used to collect them

Have you ever tried the 'Oatie' milk, Pixie?
I found it surprisingly pleasant.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Have you ever tried the 'Oatie' milk, Pixie?
I found it surprisingly pleasant.
I have Mups...and its nice for cereal and smoothies but add it to a hot drink like coffee & tea and it goes yucky. I made my own from oats and a muslin cloth for about two weeks until I got fed up with the faffing!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-06-2021, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have Mups...and its nice for cereal and smoothies but add it to a hot drink like coffee & tea and it goes yucky. I made my own from oats and a muslin cloth for about two weeks until I got fed up with the faffing!

Really? That's interesting, I didn't know that.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

13-06-2021, 07:37 PM

Yeah, it goes a bit gloopy. The oat residue must thicken like porridge....at least that how it seems to me. Not the best idea I ever had!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 07:37 PM

No, I can't look at the link either. So no coconut milk from now on, and I can't buy almond milk either because of the shockingly high death rate of the bees that are rented out to the Californian almond growers. The intensive almond farming, using pesticides, is killing the bees in huge numbers. Described by one scientists as 'like sending the bees to war. Many don't come back.'

A link for anyone who can bear to read about it: https://www.theguardian.com/environm...onds-hives-aoe
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-06-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
No, I can't look at the link either. So no coconut milk from now on, and I can't buy almond milk either because of the shockingly high death rate of the bees that are rented out to the Californian almond growers. The intensive almond farming, using pesticides, is killing the bees in huge numbers. Described by one scientists as 'like sending the bees to war. Many don't come back.'

A link for anyone who can bear to read about it: https://www.theguardian.com/environm...onds-hives-aoe

Thankyou Bathsheba, I had no idea.

I believe that varroa mite is lethal to bees.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top