Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 12:58 PM

Re: Garry Glitter

Harbal!!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 01:57 PM

It was that fuzzy slide guitar echo effect that immediately let you know it was the Glitter Band. A sound very different to other bands whether the effect is liked or not. I didn't mind it.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 02:35 PM

He was my neighbour and do not remember when he arrived but he went to Davidson Senior School at the same time as my late friend Rosi's older Brother, Paul/Gary was a older than me as Rosi's Brother would be about 77 years old had he lived. He played music all day long with his slash window pushed up, just remember passing his house and never stopping, but I was a very shy kid, so not thinking he was strange, but then I never actually saw him, well I don't re-call seeing him and it was only Rosi's Brother that talked about him when the trouble erupted....Stretton Road Croydon we lived and his name was also Paul Raven/Gadd/Russell. I know he was a teenager at least when he arrived but just shocks and upsets me like it would to most, likewise Jimmy Savile and Rolf Harris..sure many others of course but I just needed to write that up...
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 03:05 PM

Reading this thread reminded me of another 'disgraced celebrity', Rolf Harris. He was imprisoned following being found guilty 12 indecent assaults against females of varying ages, that was called child abuse in this newspaper article. After serving three years of a six-year sentence he was released four years' ago.

Separating the person from the offences is difficult but his art on many TV programmes was really brilliant I reckon. Such a shame that he didn't just stick to art and television. It seems his life is not very good following release though. As an 89-year-old he has diabetes and is almost a recluse in his $9million mansion home, caring for his wife, whose health is declining as she has Alzheimer's:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-61-years.html
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 03:26 PM

We went to a Glitter gig at the NEC well before all the kerfuffle about kiddy fiddling blew up as we were still living in Rome and had come back for a holiday over Christmas.

It was so bad it was funny to listen to and watch - even many in the crowd were dressed up as members of the Glitter Band and as GG himself.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 08:18 PM

Saville and Glitter always looked pervy to me but Rolf was a shock.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Saville and Glitter always looked pervy to me but Rolf was a shock.
Same here I have to say, Saville was a shock too when it all came out. Garry Glitter always looked like he was a bit....psycho?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Well...I have to say that I liked Glitters music (when I was too young to know any different.) He was so over the top and dramatic and his music was so bad it was good!
There have been many weird offensive people who have done incredible things, and why should their deviant acts overshadow all the good they did? Loath the person by all means, but their actions helped others and that shouldn't be dismissed.
Me too Pixie. The Glitter band was superb. 'I'm the leader, I'm the leader...'
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Me too Pixie. The Glitter band was superb. 'I'm the leader, I'm the leader...'
D'ya wanna be in my gang, my gang my gang?
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 09:28 PM

I am so disappointed. When I saw the thread title I was expecting to read he was dead.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top