Join for free
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Re: Just gotta know !

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
The best part of all that was that it was often butchers as well and they didn't bother to change out of their butchering clothes and used the same knives - unwashed not surprising most surgical patients died back then!
Ouch..........

On the question of whether Eve had a belly button I would imagine not as she was made from Adam's rib, my old mum used to say that the rib was like a test tube and that Eve was a test tube baby. I don't believe that I think it is all a nice story meant to keep little religious children quiet.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 10:41 PM

Eve a test-tube baby? Whatever next. Your mother was before her time I suppose, now I come to think of it.
What would she make of cloning or stem cell research..
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 11:59 PM

Thanks for the armadillo link Cate! My daughter was pondering whether they make good pets... so we've put that subject to rest.

Next question: what's a sure-fire cure for hiccups? Spare me the ones about drinking water from the other side of the glass or eating a spoonful of sugar. What have you tried that really works?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Very reassuring UJ. I'm a big bloke & might decide to have a few things done now.
Robert matey, you're not that far away from me - can recommend the Hospital where I've had my knees and hips replaced (Princess Royal Hospital @ Haywards Heath) and if you need orthopaedic surgery can even recommend my surgeon to you - Mr Roger Pattison.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Robert matey, you're not that far away from me - can recommend the Hospital where I've had my knees and hips replaced (Princess Royal Hospital @ Haywards Heath) and if you need orthopaedic surgery can even recommend my surgeon to you - Mr Roger Pattison.

Many thanks UJ, once again I find you are extremely well connected.
I'm managing at the moment, but no doubt in due course will need rearranging & replacing.

I'm very fortunate to live within a mile of a major hospital & have so far found them without fault.

Actually I'm less than a mile from where I was born. In a Nissun hut abandoned by USA troops after the war & which had been squatted in by homeless local people
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Thanks for the armadillo link Cate! My daughter was pondering whether they make good pets... so we've put that subject to rest.

Next question: what's a sure-fire cure for hiccups? Spare me the ones about drinking water from the other side of the glass or eating a spoonful of sugar. What have you tried that really works?
The cure that always seems to work for me is this ....

Press your right thumb firmly into the middle of your left palm, breathe in slowly and deeply through your mouth to fill your lungs, hold that breath as you slowly count up to 10.

Exhale as slowly as possible, emptying your lungs completely ..... then take tiny breaths for a while.

I suppose if you are left handed it would work with your L thumb and R palm as well.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 01:48 PM

I thought knowing what causes hiccups would help to know how to cure it but I was wrong. I believe that most hiccup spasms don't last long so the holding the breath thing seems to be the best idea as the hiccups appears to be cured but infact would have stopped anyway.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/181573.php
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

10-03-2013, 01:53 PM

Did you know that Barack Obama is not the first black president of the US?

http://fookembug.wordpress.com/2008/...-barack-obama/
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 02:24 PM

Interesting Cate - very surprising and a good read... thanks...

Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top