Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 09:52 PM

Re: Just gotta know !

Apparently it is possible to find the end of a rainbow Ben-varrey - but unfortunately no crock of gold.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-pot-gold.html

Gem, I am pleased to hear that Elvis has lost weight - I was a bit worried about him. Can you give him my love next time you see him and ask him if he has got married yet?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I've got one: is it possible to find the end of a rainbow?
I wouldn't think so Karen, but I do know that the crock of gold is no longer there, the bankers got wise to it a few years ago and lent it all out to foolish investors, that scandal has shortly to be investigated by another very expensive tribunal.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Apparently it is possible to find the end of a rainbow Ben-varrey - but unfortunately no crock of gold.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-pot-gold.html
Oh wow - I really hope that hasn't been photoshopped, I shall email that link to my granddaughters, we've often wondered if it would be possible and it seems it is I was surprised to read that they travel (and at 20 to 30mph!), I assumed they'd be static.

Many thanks for the link Aerolor - very much appreciated
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I wouldn't think so Karen, but I do know that the crock of gold is no longer there, the bankers got wise to it a few years ago and lent it all out to foolish investors, that scandal has shortly to be investigated by another very expensive tribunal.
That poor little leprachaun didn't stand a chance did he

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 10:10 PM

I will ask him and give him your regards in July Rena when we go down there again, provided he hasn't done a bunk again.
I'm a horse admirer but have never ridden one, I often wondered why you have to mount a horse on it's left side, is it just bad luck to mount it on the right side or does he throw you off if you mount on the right? never seen anyone get up on the right side of one, does it really make any difference to the horse?
Someone once told me it had something to do with Cavaliers and their swords being at their left side made it easier to mount the horse, it just carried on from there, sort of traditional.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 10:27 PM

If you tried to mount a horse from your right side would you end up facing backwards Jem? Your left leg would go over it's head You have to face towards the horse's rear and put your left foot into the stirrup and swing your right leg over. I don't think it is the right way to put your right foot into the stirrup and then try to get on - or is it? I suppose you could get on from the horse's right side, but you would have to have it's head facing you and then that could be thought of as the horse's left side, couldn't it? So we are back where we started. If I had a horse with me at this moment I would try to get on him right foot first and let you know the result.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Elvis is working as a trolley collector at the B&Q at Cribbs Causeway, Bristol;

Toast always falling butter side down is a misnomer .The common effect is caused by the height the toast falls from. Viz, toast from waist height only has enough time to rotate by half a turn. Drop it from one foot higher and itwill complete one rotation and fall butter side up
simples ennit. TRY IT.works every time.
Well he wasn't when I was there the other week but he was in the Huntsman Restaurant just outside Bristol so could have been his day off.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

05-03-2013, 11:34 PM

I know what you're saying Rena and you would end up sitting on his neck, I put it badly, I feel no end of an ass, I'll start again, stand at the Horses right side, hold onto the saddle, put your right foot into the stirrup, look the same way he's looking then throw your left leg over his backside without him looking at you and plonk into the saddle, bingo you got on on his right side.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 12:53 AM

Mmmm! but by getting on at the horse's right side you may very well end up on the ground at the horse's left side cos by mounting from the right side you've got on the horse's wrong side.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 01:30 AM

In falconry you carry your falcon on your left glove as your right hand draws your sword.. you also mount your horse on the nearside with the falcon on your left glove.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top