Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 08:53 AM

Re: Which are your least favourite foods?

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Oh I do Cheshire - that bloated feeling after one leaf too many

I think one of the worst 'shock's I ever had, with eating, was biting into what I thought was a roast potato and it was a roast parsnip! Not the taste I was expecting (and I don't like parsnips).
Karen darlin' - Parsnips are fabulous, roast, steamed or even brewed (as Parsnip wine) - very strong!!!
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 10:52 AM

i like most food although i don't think that i have tried rabbit. not keen on fish but will eat it - really don't like cold hard boiled eggs, hot ones are all right.

i even liked school meals
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
i like most food although i don't think that i have tried rabbit. not keen on fish but will eat it - really don't like cold hard boiled eggs, hot ones are all right.

i even liked school meals
Maggie darlin' - cold hard-boiled eggs are fine - if wrapped inside a 'scotch egg'.

As to Rabbit, yes - those too are fabulous, makes a gorgeous casserole!!!
bettyespana
Costa Blanca,Spain
bettyespana is female  bettyespana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 01:55 PM

Meat of any kind.Been vegetarian for 32 yrs both OH & I.

We are very healthy(he is 86 & I am 70) & don't have a car.
Walking is a must for us.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Val darlin' - leading up to Xmas every year - Iceland stores stock frozen sprouts and sweet chestnut mix - its lovely!!!
I like my sprouts 'fresh' don't like them after they been frozen.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2013, 07:13 AM

All right, cold hard boiled eggs for Uncle Joe - what I really hate is sugar, why do people have to ruin strawberries by smothering them with sugar? And sticky buns

TV chefs cannot help themselves, sugar sprinkled on just about everything!

Now that I am getting the hang of this..... which maniac invented coconut ice? Hands off my coconuts!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2013, 08:34 AM

Oh yes M&M .... How did I forget that stuff .... People dont believe me when I tell them I dont keep sugar in my house and turn their nose up at honey in their coffee. I really cant stand the stuff..... I use to love donuts and had to order one's made special with none on.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

30-04-2013, 09:41 AM

All right, cold hard boiled eggs for Uncle Joe - what I really hate is sugar, why do people have to ruin strawberries by smothering them with sugar? And sticky buns

TV chefs cannot help themselves, sugar sprinkled on just about everything!

Now that I am getting the hang of this..... which maniac invented coconut ice? Hands off my coconuts!

Maggie darlin' - I don't ruin strawberries with sugar, instead I dip into a sparkling wine, and then into melted chocolate before putting them in my mouth - that better????
Myth and Magic
UK

30-04-2013, 01:01 PM

Aha No Baggage, if you buy freshly made doughnuts at an outdoor event, the man will ask if you want sugar, lots of people seem to say no thank you.

Uncle Joe, my mouth is ready to receive your strawberries dipped in wine and chocolate, please forgive my drool
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

30-04-2013, 01:25 PM

Aha No Baggage, if you buy freshly made doughnuts at an outdoor event, the man will ask if you want sugar, lots of people seem to say no thank you.

Uncle Joe, my mouth is ready to receive your strawberries dipped in wine and chocolate, please forgive my drool

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top