Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 01:32 PM

Re: What would you say to a young you

Originally Posted by pixie ->
i would say do not marry billy
Who's Billy? Wish I wasn't so nosey
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 06:29 PM

I have thought of a few more now and I would say to a younger me:-

Do not think it is up to you to solve all the problems and difficulties around you. It is not true that if you can only think about things long enough you can always find the answers and/or influence the course of events to make things turn out right. The solution/remedy for bad or unfortunate things that happen to you and around you does not always lie in your hands. Thinking this way will only cause you to worry too much and feel guilt and responsibiity for the things you cannot influence.
Frequently, all you can do is hope.

Everyone makes mistakes - it's unavoidable. Nobody is perfect. Be forgiving to yourself and others and be willing to let things go.

It is OK to feel anger and strong emotion - control it, but don't always try to hide it so others may feel more comfortable.

Your feelings and opinions are as important and valid as anybody elses and you do have something worthwhile to say.

You are intelligent. Do not let anybody persuade you otherwise.

Have courage in your own convictions and be prepared to stand alone if you think something is important enough.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 07:06 PM

What would you say to a young you
You do have worth,
Believe in yourself,
things will get better one day...
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Who's Billy? Wish I wasn't so nosey
Billy sounds like he might be Pixie's first husband and mistake.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I have thought of a few more now and I would say to a younger me:-

Do not think it is up to you to solve all the problems and difficulties around you. It is not true that if you can only think about things long enough you can always find the answers and/or influence the course of events to make things turn out right. The solution/remedy for bad or unfortunate things that happen to you and around you does not always lie in your hands. Thinking this way will only cause you to worry too much and feel guilt and responsibiity for the things you cannot influence.
Frequently, all you can do is hope.

Everyone makes mistakes - it's unavoidable. Nobody is perfect. Be forgiving to yourself and others and be willing to let things go.

It is OK to feel anger and strong emotion - control it, but don't always try to hide it so others may feel more comfortable.

Your feelings and opinions are as important and valid as anybody elses and you do have something worthwhile to say.

You are intelligent. Do not let anybody persuade you otherwise.

Have courage in your own convictions and be prepared to stand alone if you think something is important enough.
I like what you say here Aelor and agree with you on many of your points particularly regarding opinions and intelligence.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 04:27 PM

I'd tell me not to take the evening job in the pub. That's where I met my future husband and years of beatings followed....till I finally got away..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 04:40 PM

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Roxy - just pleased you're on a better road now .... long may it continue x
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

12-05-2013, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I'd tell me not to take the evening job in the pub. That's where I met my future husband and years of beatings followed....till I finally got away..
I would tell myself to not dance with the good looking bloke who was such a gentleman. 22 years of abuse later I too got away. Did you have any children?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2013, 02:10 PM

Yes Cookie, I have a Son and a Daughter.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

14-05-2013, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes Cookie, I have a Son and a Daughter.
I tell myself that if I had not married the bully I married then I wouldn't have had my three kids who are wonderful and enjoy their lives now although he made their childhood horrible.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top