Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

26-05-2013, 02:03 AM

Re: children who play on our estate

and then came the "key latch" kids
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 05:13 AM

Send them round to my street, they wouldn't last long, continual traffic up and down day and night.
That is why I have double glazing and secondary, it doesn't bother us now like when we first moved in.
Now we are very happy here, but it is not a good selling point, other than it is just a few minutes from all shops doctors etc.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 10:09 AM

Traffic - cant believe how much the roads have changed over recent years, the once quiet side roads - now packed with cars - so sad ....
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2013, 09:38 PM

I had a problem last year with 'hedgehoppers' who made a right mess of parts of the hedge by flinging themselves into and on top of it. I had a few reasonably gentle words and they left it alone.

I hope I don't get the next generation this year - trouble is, they ruin the hedge, but if you rant and rave, they'll only carry on, as they can get a rise out of you - kids eh? But I do remember being young once myself................

Gwyn
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 08:09 PM

Grow a holly hedge!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Grow a holly hedge!
Brillyant
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 08:24 PM

Now the fine weather has brought out the 6+ new kids that have moved in. We have a footpath from our parking place to the bungalows and houses opposite. They have decided to race up and down ringing bike bells, shouting, screaming and bouncing balls, leaning on my fence wire etc. I've told them off but no notice so, holly hedge here I come and borrow a stinger!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 08:49 PM

As I have mentioned before, our flats are built along one side of the villages main car park, and at the moment there are around half a dozen cars, with all doors open, music blasting out of them all, and around 2 dozen youths shouting, cat calling, and blasting their horns, regardless of the fact that along three sizes of the car park are houses and flats with young kids probably trying to sleep at this time, elderly folk who are also trying to sleep.!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

06-06-2013, 09:07 PM

I don't suppose the police would do anything if you called them! A town near to us had terrible anti-social behaviour problems, was on Tv, they now have sort of community officers that walk round in pairs, seems to work. Perhaps you council have an anti-social behaviour officer.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Now the fine weather has brought out the 6+ new kids that have moved in. We have a footpath from our parking place to the bungalows and houses opposite. They have decided to race up and down ringing bike bells, shouting, screaming and bouncing balls, leaning on my fence wire etc. I've told them off but no notice so, holly hedge here I come and borrow a stinger!

Twiz darlin' - a few strands of barbed wire on top of your fence will stop them leaning on it!!!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top