Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 12:38 PM

Re: WHY - do this .....?

I personally wouldn't make a special journey but there are those who are absolute royalists so I guess it's them!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Exactly - 'Its a girl' ..... shut door - well worth the wait ....
It's the people you meet and many other things about the wait that make it a great experience not just the announcement.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Heard this morning that people are queuing up outside to hear the news of Kates birth ... WHY - do people do that, some have been there for days .... Just for an announcement ...? Crazy
They must be very, very sad people.

Yes, there are a lot of people gathering outside the hospital Nelson Mandela is in - but the difference is that he's in a critical condition and actually DID something for Africa. What has "Kate" ever done for the UK? Apart from speak in a false posh accent that makes me want to throw something?

Can you tell I'm not a Royalist?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's the people you meet and many other things about the wait that make it a great experience not just the announcement.
I get ya Julie - helps to be a royalist I guess
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
They must be very, very sad people.

Yes, there are a lot of people gathering outside the hospital Nelson Mandela is in - but the difference is that he's in a critical condition and actually DID something for Africa. What has "Kate" ever done for the UK? Apart from speak in a false posh accent that makes me want to throw something?

Can you tell I'm not a Royalist?

Come the revolution!!! Jim matey. ..................
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Come the revolution!!! Jim matey. ..................
We should form our own government, the Jim & Joe party

I'm sure you or I could run the country better than the lot of them in parliament put together.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Guy Fawkes Mk 2 Jim matey, but we need several pounds of Semtex (its less detectible than great tubs of gunpowder).
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
We should form our own government, the Jim & Joe party

I'm sure you or I could run the country better than the lot of them in parliament put together.
You joke but it's what's needed - I reckon you'd also get quite a number of seats taking everything into account!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

19-07-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
You joke but it's what's needed - I reckon you'd also get quite a number of seats taking everything into account!
Maybe in another life - my health wouldn't permit it in this one.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

19-07-2013, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->

No Karen, don't want to further entrench the same system, want a revolution to change the entire system. Firstly Members of Parliament to be 'delegates' as opposed to 'representatives' - that way they have to vote in Parliament as their constituents want not as the 'party-line' dictates. Secondly, do away with the House of Lords entirely to be replaced by another directly elected second chamber of (for want of another term) Senators. Then we do away with Mrs Windsor and her brood - to be replaced by an elected President - who would need to 'stand' for election from time-to-time (like every five years) and could be debarred from standing for more than two terms.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top