Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 12:13 AM

Re: What's on Telly?

There are so many repeats on Telly these days that I keep a bottle of GAVISCON nearby.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 08:13 AM

Some of the repeats are the best !
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 08:19 AM

There are so many repeats on Telly these days that I keep a bottle of GAVISCON nearby
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
There are so many repeats on Telly these days that I keep a bottle of GAVISCON nearby
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 09:08 AM

Love it Robert,
I noticed that Jeremy Kyle has won the award for being the best daytime telly, I would have a bucket by the side of me rather than the Gaviscon.

My best oldie is the two Ronnie's and of course Porridge, I also like the Vicar of Dibley, my preference now has to be documentaries especially Nature programmes.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 09:26 AM

My TV screen is beginning to take on the shape of a boomerang, I watch a lot of ITV in the afternoons, could that be the cause Robert?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

27-09-2013, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
My TV screen is beginning to take on the shape of a boomerang, I watch a lot of ITV in the afternoons, could that be the cause Robert?
Ask Bruce.............
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 03:12 PM

Ask Bruce.............
Again -
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 03:00 AM

Big Brother, Celeb Get Me Outta Here or any of those other devastatingly mind blowingly useless and unintelligent wastes of space should be banned from telly altogether.

They are an insult to people who have a relatively proficient brain and are totally meaningless because really, any moron could take part and, not to mention the fact that many of these "celebrities" have never been heard of and I think they're a pointless excercise, not to mention the enormous cost of making programmes such as these and, to be honest, do not enhance the lives of others, and they're not entertaining.

Entertainment for me are the old sit-coms which should be returned, such as Rising Damp, George and Mildred, Robin's Nest, Vicar of Dibley, The Two Ronnies and many others, too many to mention, because British TV is very sadly lacking these days in comedy, and they were brilliant but, thanks to You Tube, they can be watched again.

Also, they should introduce interesting programmes about history, the arts, and other learning programmes.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 03:22 AM

Yes Mollie agree with all those programmes. Our TV not worth watching these days either. I love watching the ones seeing the restoration of the old buildings in England, and the digging up of archeological sites to see how old places are. It's amazing just how they date the ruins.

One old programme I used to watch was "Nearest and Dearest" with Hylda Baker and Jimmy Jewel. Loved that show but it has never come back on here with repeats, so disappointed.

Reality shows are big here at the moment and I can't be bothered to watch. They are a waste of space for anyone with a bit of intelligence.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top