Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 01:11 PM

Re: Are you gifted?

I am very good at everything, except at bragging.

And on a serious note. I never tell people what I'm good at.
They will find out for themselves sooner or later.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 01:56 PM

I think my gift is the gab. I made a fab telemarketer and could have sold
oil to the Arabs. Otherwise I am just like everyone else. You have things you can do and others you cant. I can run and always been fit that way and have always done so but cannot do plumbing, I can remember general knowledge but cant remember where I have put some article in the house where I put it for safekeeping. It becomes so safe that even a burglar wouldn't be able to find it.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 01:58 PM

wouldn't say i was brilliant at anything...but one thing i would love to be able to do is sing.....and also have the courage to sing in front of people...i'm always singing at home but hubby says i have a terrible singing voice...he covers his ears...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 02:09 PM

Teaching, which I fell into by accident but found I have a natural bent for it and was fortunate enough to gain employment doing something I loved.

Other than that: jack of all trades but master of none.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 03:57 PM

Making something out of nothing! (sometimes mountains out of molehills!)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 03:58 PM

You 'are' very gifted Twiz .....
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I am very good at everything, except at bragging.

And on a serious note. I never tell people what I'm good at.
They will find out for themselves sooner or later.
Ohh la la ......
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Making something out of nothing! (sometimes mountains out of molehills!)

You certainly are good at making something out of something... from looking at your photos
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 05:03 PM

I do some things quite well but gifted, no way. Just ordinary really.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 05:03 PM

I never truly thought I'd ever have any kind of gift but I actually seem to have two.

I'm employed as a Maintenance Man / Gardener at a Care Home and although I do have a wealth of experience in gardening, there were many things that I'd never tried because, basically, I'd never needed to!

Everything that I've tried from roots cuttings, leaf cuttings to straight-forward divisions, where success was often quoted as minimal, has worked and I guessed at most of it because of time constraints.

I have propagated many, many plants in two years to the point where had I bought new plants instead, it would have cost an absolute fortune.

I have been amazed that my casual approach has been rewarded so well.

Maybe that's not quite the gift that I think I have but my questions to other gardeners indicate that my successes are NOT the norm, so is that a gift?

My second "gift" seems to be premonitions or foresight, and, as I know that most while be sceptical, I'll not go further on that except to say that I've often "anticipated" things that are not related specifically to my employment tasks and fore-warned my employer about such things, which were then addressed beforehand and proved to be correct, thereby saving money and problems before they have actually arisen.

This includes a main water pump that I "felt" was not functioning correctly, although all indications were that it was fine - it packed-up an hour after the experts checked it!

Do I have a gift? stevmk2

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top