Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 07:20 PM

Re: The 'feel' of Christmas

Well we are all entitled to our differing points of view about Christmas, so I'll stick to mine and respect everyone else's.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Love it thick tights hide a lot

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
Well we are all entitled to our differing points of view about Christmas, so I'll stick to mine and respect everyone else's.

Best way to be and I wouldn't want to put a dampener on anyone else's.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 09:53 PM

I loved Christmas time when my children were growing up and I love it still, now that I have grandchildren. I love the excitement of children, making Christmassy calendars and cards at school for parents and grandparents and performing in their concerts.

I can't say we, as children, were raised in a religious family environment. We all loved singing and listening to carols, we knew what Christmas was ... but actual religion never played a part in our family Christmas.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 11:54 PM

Christmas to me is a trial for adults but a magical time for children, we are lucky if we get a chance to share it with them
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 12:57 AM

When we lived and worked in UK we went abroad every Christmas, it saved a lot of arguments. My son would want to come to us, his wife to her family, they lived in Oxfordshire, we in Derbyshire, too far to travel back and forth. Prior to my son being married he was in the Army so mostly away in foreign parts at Christmas. Then the inlaws, we were expected to go to Mr Clumsy's brothers on consecutive days, then my sister, then we were expected to invite them all to our house. Quite frankly I have never had anything in common with any of them and the whole rigmarole used to drive me insane. Going away was so much easier, nobody could complain then and we actually got a holiday and had some wonderful times in some exotic places. These days our Christmas take place with a group of neighbours who are all good friends and all mixed nationalities, not all speak English but we always cope. Christmas eve our Finnish friend and neighbour is having everyone at her house and Christmas day they are all coming to our house. Everyone cooks something, we are only a short distance from each other so hot food stays hot, it's manic but good. This year there will be about 17 of us, some have friends staying some have family, others are on their own. A very mixed bunch but all lovely people and we all look forward to the 'gathering'.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 08:59 AM

It sounds very good-neighbourly Clumsy.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It sounds very good-neighbourly Clumsy.
We are lucky that we have some nice neighbours and friends Alan, we don't all speak each others language but we all manage to communicate somehow, there are some incredible translations now and then
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 11:20 AM

I love Christmas ...I treat Christmas a s a special day...however i am not religious , but not a atheist ...and i respect everyone else's views...Christmas day is the only day of the year that i consciously eat turkey....I put myself out to and enjoy myself and treat my family..I normally throw expense to the wind ...I cook Christmas dinner , the way my dad taught me , the way his dad taught him Turkey fresh from the farm, chestnut stuffing (home made of course) roast Beef veg and a nice glass of wine ...maybe not spending as much this year but still will enjoy it ....so if anyone wants to pop in for a drinky feel free .....
Moiramary
Lincoln
Moiramary is female  Moiramary has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 11:46 AM

However you feel about religion it has got to be good to come together, set aside differences and celebrate once a year. It doesn't need to cost a fortune but it does need an open heart.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 11:58 AM

Christmas for hubby and myself is taking it easy for the day and sitting and relaxing in front of the tv. We don't have any visitors and we don't go to anyone elses house. Our parents are long passed.

We went to see family members earlier in the month and took the little ones lots of prezzies. But that it is for us. We were never blessed with children so we buy for my niece and nephews little ones which brings us great joy.

Because my husband works nights he usually gets home about 7 am Christmas eve morning and back at work boxing night so we don't get much time together so make the most of the time we have together.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top