Join for free
Page 11 of 40 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 01:59 AM

Re: What I've been up to

Looks lovely Linden thank you so much for sharing your cake!! I do urge people to take a look at the picture in your profile for then you can see all the lovely details that Linden has decorated the cake with.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 07:24 AM

Thanks Myrtle and Cookiecate.

There are disposal nappies making up each layer, and I've added brush and comb, bib, mittens, socks, bootees, baby bottle, spoon and fork and body suit as well as the muslin and blankets that go around each layer.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 08:37 AM

I've had a quick peek at the cake...it's lovely. Well done.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 08:39 AM

Sending get well wishes to Celyn and Carol. And to anyone I may have missed who's been in the wars.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 02:47 PM

Just a bit of an update re my husband Keith who has Motor Neurone Disease. We went to the Royal Preston Hospital on Wednesday to see the doctor who had first put him on a ventilator. The doctor was really pleased with Keith's numbers saying that if he didn't know that he had MND he wouldn't be able to tell from the oxygen and carbon monoxide stats in his blood.

Of course when you get positive input you feel positive and this has helped Keith no end as he is now aware that he is managing his illness well.

I would like to ask people to have a look at the MND Association and maybe find out a little more about this 'bastard' of a disease. Although the disease is not well known it has touched the lives of many people.

http://www.mndassociation.org/?utm_s...FamWtAodM2AA8w

I am learning more about this illness and I have to say I am afraid of the future although Keith is so positive and is so interested in putting together a programme which will enable and empower people with the disease to make their life quality and environment decisions known even when they lose their voice.

Voice recognition and eye tracking technology is there and it can be put together to help so many. These things have to be structured so that they are not money making technologies but are out there for the NHS or MND to give to people to learn as soon as they are diagnosed.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

09-08-2014, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Just a bit of an update re my husband Keith who has Motor Neurone Disease. We went to the Royal Preston Hospital on Wednesday to see the doctor who had first put him on a ventilator. The doctor was really pleased with Keith's numbers saying that if he didn't know that he had MND he wouldn't be able to tell from the oxygen and carbon monoxide stats in his blood.

Of course when you get positive input you feel positive and this has helped Keith no end as he is now aware that he is managing his illness well.

I would like to ask people to have a look at the MND Association and maybe find out a little more about this 'bastard' of a disease. Although the disease is not well known it has touched the lives of many people.

http://www.mndassociation.org/?utm_s...FamWtAodM2AA8w

I am learning more about this illness and I have to say I am afraid of the future although Keith is so positive and is so interested in putting together a programme which will enable and empower people with the disease to make their life quality and environment decisions known even when they lose their voice.

Voice recognition and eye tracking technology is there and it can be put together to help so many. These things have to be structured so that they are not money making technologies but are out there for the NHS or MND to give to people to learn as soon as they are diagnosed.
I've had a quick look through the information and feel for you both. Especially since nobody knows what causes it and what precautions to take.

Glad he is doing ok ATM. Sending hugs to you both.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 03:38 PM

Hi Cate - pleased to hear this positive news - positive thoughts to you both, before I sleep as usual - try that gal - best we keep them vibes going xx
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

09-08-2014, 04:03 PM

Thanks ladies. Positive thoughts it is. Keith is such a positive man, he gets frustrated yes, but in the main he is trying all the time to stand up to this horrible illness.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 04:19 PM

Good news about Keith's blood gases results. Long may it continue.

I must admit when Michael was first diagnosed we read, and researched, as much as we could about the disease. Now we don't. I cancelled the MND News Magazine, Thumb Print, as we already have daily reminders in front of us. We slowly changed and want to get on with living not reading about the disease these days. Michael has fought the disease all the way. he said his new career was managing it. He says he is NOT ill.

Youngest daughter is doing a half marathon and Survival of The Fittest, in Cardiff, in October for MNDA. She has been training in all this hot weather. Normally she does it for Kidney Research Wales, as one of her young twins has chronic kidney disease.

https://www.justgiving.com/Tamesin-P...sorshiprequest

Michael has had a spell in hospital but we managed to *spring* him for our 49th Wedding Anniversary on 7th.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 04:21 PM

Smashing post Celyn and so true, you can get too bogged down with it and become negative from reading too much on it - best wishes to you and yours x

Page 11 of 40 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top