Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 12:42 PM

Re: How did you meet....

I was coming home from work & as this fellow was getting off the bus he kept looking at me. That was the 1st 'meeting' of the eyes, lol.

Then I was walking my Old English Sheepdog a few days later & passed by this same guy who was chatting with a senior man. We exchanged hellos & I kept going. I ended up at the park with Sheba (dog) sitting on a bench. I heard someone behind me across the street running like mad. I looked & saw someone sit on the grass afterwards way at the other end of the park.

I thought "why was that guy running so fast, just to sit on the lawn again?" lol
After a few minutes, he got up & began walking towards me, gulp.
I was getting a little worried. My dog was a great watchdog but hardly would attack anyone ��

He introduced himself, sat on the bench & we talked for over an hour.

We began dating afterwards, etc. That was back in 1986 & we married in '88.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 12:44 PM

Sounds like it was meant to be Autumn
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 01:54 PM

Met in1969, we worked for the same company
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You're like my missus Mall, you know a good thing when you see it and hold onto it, no flies on the pair of you.
Ah! But who was it that decided we were a good thing
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 04:01 PM

We met on a blind date, we had mutual friends who set us up for the night and we went to the Pictures.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
We met on a blind date, we had mutual friends who set us up for the night and we went to the Pictures.
Isn't it great when blind dates work? Last wedding I went to came from an initial blind date.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 05:59 PM

My hubby was set up by his friends on a blind date with his 1st wife. Complete disaster. He could have killed his friends a few years later.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
My hubby was set up by his friends on a blind date with his 1st wife. Complete disaster. He could have killed his friends a few years later.
Yes but all the twists & turns of fate led him up to meeting you
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Yes but all the twists & turns of fate led him up to meeting you
Oh yes, very true because it was an ex-friend of his ex-wife who persuaded me to go to the new years eve party. Hadn't thought of that.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 06:33 PM

Met on a train when we were both 16. It must have been fate, there was no way we would have met otherwise.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top