Join for free
Page 13 of 35 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 01:34 PM

Re: Who are all these people ''viewing??

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Whoah!!!! I bet that was fun!!
It was mostly we used to meet up too and go camping together, a lot of fun most of the time.

Now that was fun.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 01:46 PM

All this palaver just because Lilac asked a question and both Wishbone and I answered honestly.
Give an honest opinion on here and you get called a "stirrer"

I also know of people who no longer post on here because of the clique, it has even been discussed on another forum.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 01:59 PM

Hmmm, I've been prompted to look up the definition of the word clique. It appears that Jimmy may have a point:

"In the social sciences, a clique (CanE, UK /ˈkliːk/ or US /ˈklɪk/) is a group of "persons who interact with each other more regularly and intensely than others in the same setting." from Wiki. That undoubtedly does occur on this site.

On the other hand,

"A small, exclusive group of individuals" is another definition given elsewhere, and I don't think we have that here.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It was mostly we used to meet up too and go camping together, a lot of fun most of the time.

Now that was fun.
Oh, I can't camp, too many crawling nasties!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
All this palaver just because Lilac asked a question and both Wishbone and I answered honestly.
Give an honest opinion on here and you get called a "stirrer"

I also know of people who no longer post on here because of the clique, it has even been discussed on another forum.
Well that sounds like cliquey behaviour I don't discuss anyone else on the forum on any other forum that is not very nice IMO

I post a lot on a big forum it's interesting there as another forum was set up by members who were banned for various reasons now that forum is only really about discussing those who are still members of the first forum, boring and nasty that has turned out to be.
This is one of many forums if people don't like it then best to find one they do like, I have found more people to like than dislike here and as I said before even people I rarely agree with have been good friends when we chat about things we do agree on.

I can't be doing with cliques and the like I do get on with some people more than others but surely that's the same in real life we can't be expected to love everyone we meet.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-04-2014, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Hmmm, I've been prompted to look up the definition of the word clique. It appears that Jimmy may have a point:

"In the social sciences, a clique (CanE, UK /ˈkliːk/ or US /ˈklɪk/) is a group of "persons who interact with each other more regularly and intensely than others in the same setting." from Wiki. That undoubtedly does occur on this site.

On the other hand,

"A small, exclusive group of individuals" is another definition given elsewhere, and I don't think we have that here.
Exactly as I just said in real life we find we like some people more than others I can't see how we could avoid that unless we are suggesting some people not being allowed to speak to each other in case it looks cliquey.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-04-2014, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Oh, I can't camp, too many crawling nasties!
That's what I have a husband for he is very good at dealing with the crawlies, he hates snakes however and they are my job to deal with.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 02:36 PM

Blimey, do you get many snakes in Surrey? I'd rather have one of them come into me tent than even a single ant.

It's a caravan life for me, I'm afraid. Need me luxuries like an onboard loo and shower.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-04-2014, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Blimey, do you get many snakes in Surrey? I'd rather have one of them come into me tent than even a single ant.

It's a caravan life for me, I'm afraid. Need me luxuries like an onboard loo and shower.
Adders and grass snake hubby panics if he sees a slow worm too
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2014, 02:49 PM

Don't think I've ever seen a slow worm. Yes, hubbies come in handy sometimes, don't they? Mine would have to do the lot but I'd still rather have a caravan or better still a Premier Inn........no snakes there - apart from those taking your money!

Page 13 of 35 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top