Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 06:53 AM

Re: Moon Landing Hoax

Originally Posted by Jem ->
If you were alive at the time and old enough to understand the political situation AC you would know they were scary times, it was touch and go with the USSR and the US, talk of nuclear war was everywhere. It was plain to see the USSR was way ahead of the US in the space race and this could not be allowed to continue, a quick fix was badly needed, and whoever reached the moon first would be the undisputed top dog and win the favour and admiration of the
World into the bargain, a nice prize in World politics.
The truth is no living thing can get through the Van Allen Radiation belt, the Russians knew this and never tried, it was a political manuver and it paid off at the time. To this day no human or animal has gone any further into space than orbiting distance.
I've seen every documentary made on the subject 'Did they or did they not' and I could go on forever, I felt embarrassed for the NASA spokesman on TV the other night, he was trying to explain the awkward questions and his eyes were all over the place, poor chap I didn't envy him.
As the years go on and the more the flimsy photographic record and the bad technology are studied the more questions will be asked, but the truth will out in the long run. I think it's getting harder to fool the people these days.
Excellent post, Jem, I completely agree with you.

No-one has ever been to the moon. They have dumped all sorts of junk up there - mirrors, buggies etc., but that is all.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
If it was a fake how did the mirror on the moon get there? Scientists and countries totally un connected with NASA and the USA bounce laser beams off it to measure the distance the earth is from the moon.

As conspiracy theories go this is the weakest. Daft!
Lunar laser ranging is the staple diet of any physics lab in most universities. High resolution satellite imagery clearly shows not only the landing sites but the tracks made by the Apollo moon buggy. Then there is the pieces of moon rock which have undergone the most rigorous of analysis.

As for this perpetual fact-blindness about the Van-Allen belt - true if you were to stand in it for a prolonged length of time with no protection, you would be fried. But as the VA belt is comprised mainly of alpha and beta particles which can be shielded by a thin hull, the actual measured radiation is somewhere about 0.16 and 1.14 rads or less than 50mSv/year standard set by people who work with radioactivity. The biggest danger is not the VA belt, but solar radiation outside the Earth's magnetic influence, where you can be exposed to EM radiation from UV up to beyond gamma rays to cosmic rays.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 06:17 PM

Here's a photo I took of piece of moonrock taken during the Apollo 17 mission when I was in Cape Canaveral.

AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 06:20 PM

So that's where my pet rock went!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
So that's where my pet rock went!
What a gal
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 07:27 PM

Many years ago, Jodrell bank announced that they were selling 'Moon Rock' in it's shop. This caused considerable interest until it was realised that it was sticks of rock, with the letters 'Moon' inside!

When I visited it, I bought a couple of sticks.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 10:31 PM

What moon landing, must have been dozing again.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 10:33 PM

it's not rocket science, try to keep up
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 11:18 PM

AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 12:03 AM

What about that famous director, Stanley Kubrick who was ordered by Nixon to film the lunar landing. Apparently some previous sets were used from other movies, not sure about Space Odyssey 2001. The flag is blowing in the lunar landing film but there's no wind on the moon.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top