Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 03:05 PM

Re: IF LIVING ALONE...what are your priorities

I have lived alone since my son left home 18 years ago and have forgotten what it is like not to live alone
One thing is for sure, I couldn't live with anyone now I am too set in my ways

I live alone ...no one to answer to...lol...but sometimes cant seem to get my priorities right in the course of a day..
Does it matter, why are priorities important

My dog comes first in that she is walked and fed before me in the mornings other than that I do what I want to most of the time.
sandra
Bristol
sandra is female  sandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 03:13 PM

Thank you folks... I do make lists maybe my lists are a bit too adventurous... I find it a bit difficult to just be!!...I always have to be sorting something out ...or doing something...my lists seem to be getting longer ...not shorter ..lol
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 04:05 PM

You'll get there gal - keep going !
The thing is not to get bogged down with it all, you have to have some me time and relax
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by sandra ->
Thank you folks... I do make lists maybe my lists are a bit too adventurous... I find it a bit difficult to just be!!...I always have to be sorting something out ...or doing something...my lists seem to be getting longer ...not shorter ..lol
I don't live on my own now but did for long periods in the past - I made lists too!

I think it just seems to be the thing to do and you don't need prompting!

You've come up against what a lot of people find sandra - the list always gets longer, but that's good 'cos it means you've got stability and order basically set-out in your mind but maybe haven't quite mastered the whole thing!

I used to set out to clean the whole house for example then find I'd spent all day experimenting with a bit of cooking or reading or pottering about in the garden.

Doesn't matter that much really and I never really got to the point where I was actually lonely either.

That's the secret and it seems to mystify people that you just don't get lonely except on what I'd call special occasions, like Christmas or your birthday.

Hope that helps a bit from a male perspective - the same I should imagine. stevmk2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 04:29 PM

Ive lived alone now for 23 years, and i dont do lists, make it up as i go along.

Spent my life living to deadlines not of my own making, so im happy to just flow along now.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Spent my life living to deadlines not of my own making, so im happy to just flow along now.
You do seem happy with that Nom - I'm glad for you.

I spent most of my working life watching the time rather than deadlines as you said.

I wasn't a clock-watcher though - it was part of the job I did for quite a few years and I promised myself clocks and watches would be put away when I finally retire.

Just over two years to go now until I'm 65.........stevmk2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have lived alone since my son left home 18 years ago and have forgotten what it is like not to live alone
One thing is for sure, I couldn't live with anyone now I am too set in my ways

Does it matter, why are priorities important

My dog comes first in that she is walked and fed before me in the mornings other than that I do what I want to most of the time.
I think I identify with every point you make Meg! Bennie is my priority and when I'm not walking/feeding/cuddling him I choose to do whatever I want to. Obviously that includes jobs about the house and garden, and SOMETIMES I write lists, but mostly I just get on with whatever I feel I need to do on any given day.
Although it would be nice to share things sometimes, I couldn't imagine NOT living alone after so many years of it!
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 10:54 PM

I lived alone for 15 years and have now taken in a lodger. but even with some one in the house life can still get lonely . would love to have some one I could phone and just go out for a couple of hours .. .
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
I lived alone for 15 years and have now taken in a lodger. but even with some one in the house life can still get lonely . would love to have some one I could phone and just go out for a couple of hours .. .
Is there any hobby of interest to you where you could take classes or join a club? You may meet a friend or two
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 11:03 PM

I've never lived alone & would be scared to death to do so, that's why I'd better go before my husband.
I guess if i found myself in that situation, i would prioritize by getting the needed things done 1st. Around here that's animals, animals & more animals.
Then i would get the wanted things done. Funny, i do all that now but the wanted things never get done!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top