Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 03:10 PM

Re: Is there intelligent life out there?

Like your thought process Mups - I think there is already life through another dimension, we have not yet encountered - they can just appear through it, no problem ......
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 03:15 PM

I bet there is more intelligence out there than there is in Westminster !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Now that's a certainty
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Westminster is proof that there is life on other planets. They are certainly not from this one!
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

10-01-2015, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know what you mean by 'out of phase,' Bob?
I reckon he whole sequence keeps going round and round forever, in the hope that one day, far, far into the future, we will learn to treasure our planet and all life forms, and only then will we be allowed to keep it.
Bit like reincarnation. We must keep coming back to learn from, and put right, the mistakes we made previously.
It's supposed to be impossible to destroy life completely, it just takes on a different form. Bit like water seems to disappear, but it only turns to cloud or steam and condensation instead, then comes back somewhere else as water again.

Getting back to the planets though, perhaps they all had life forms on them once, and will do again, when it's their turn.
The term out of phase in this context means that our evolution has reached a different point than exists somewhere in the universe. We may be ahead but equally as much we could be behind, just like we would be looked at as being more advanced than some tribe in the Brazilian rain forest. We don't need to hunt for food. We don't have to build our own houses and we have access to medical treatment when we need it but we are still humans like they are but their evolution is out of phase with us. The reasons for this are very complex and are not fully understood.
Beings out in the Universe could be incredibly advanced compared to us. They might consider that we are so primitive that we are not even worth
considering or visiting.
SnazDax
Berkshire U.K.
SnazDax is male  SnazDax has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 03:55 PM

I am quite intrigued on the time eliment. If we do develope new methods of passing through space, and if we do make it to a planet that does supprt life. How long will it take someone to say `wonder what these taste like`...
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

10-01-2015, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by SnazDax ->
I am quite intrigued on the time eliment. If we do develope new methods of passing through space, and if we do make it to a planet that does supprt life. How long will it take someone to say `wonder what these taste like`...
We would need to be put in a state of suspension you would not be aware you were travelling anywhere and you need for nutrients would be very minimal. If the aliens were more primitive than us we would be safe in a protective suit. If they were much more advanced they would not be eating things like us, meat is already on it's way out even with us. There is an enormous decline in meat demand compared with the past.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 04:33 PM

I think there is but I don't want to meet them . I think we would not be immune to the things they are and vice versa so it would be disaster for them and us .
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 04:34 PM

I hope so cos there aint none down here
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
I hope so cos there aint none down here
On the other hand, there are plenty that think they are intelligent...

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top