Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 11:49 PM

Re: Do you care too deeply?

You can't really care for others too deeply but you can turn caring into stress when you can't switch off and become a worrier.
That isn't good. I think it's not helped by the amount of bad news that seems so relentless these days.
All the angst makes it hard to enjoy life.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes I do care for my fellow human beings, my family and my dog. There are those who care and those who don't care, I think it's that simple when you boil it all down.
I agree Jem. I do care and will help others when and were I can. We can't solve the woes and wars of the world.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:50 AM

I don't let many things concern me as there's nothing I can do about them. It puzzles me when people post that 'it brought a tear to my eye' or 'I couldn't look' etc..

I love my family very dearly, but I've got a very detached view of most things that don't affect us directly. I don't think I'm 'hard hearted' - I think that most people are the same.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
You can't really care for others too deeply but you can turn caring into stress when you can't switch off and become a worrier.
That isn't good. I think it's not helped by the amount of bad news that seems so relentless these days.
All the angst makes it hard to enjoy life.
That's true Anita.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 10:45 AM

I care about the inocent people killed or maimed by terrorists .
I care about the starving people in the world .
I care about the two dead deer I have seen receently on the road with their babies standing beside them .
I care about the cattle I drive past every day standing up to the tops of their legs in mud all day every day for the entire winter every winter .
I care about the fact the SSPCA says thats ok because the law says it is .
I care about the pheasants reared till they are almost hand tame and then shot for " fun ".
i care about the deer shot and then gutted and all the guts left lying where I walk my dogs .
I care about the lambs born in January just so the farmer can make a few extra pounds per lamb .
I care about the dairy cows who live on average for 3 to 4 years when their normal life expectancy is around 20 years .
I could write a book on all the things I care about . So yes I think I probably do care too deeply
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 10:48 AM

I care deeply for many people including people I donīt know sometimes. I think perhaps living in a third world country for some time had more of an effect on me than I realised at the time. I can worry myself silly over the plight of ill treated and abandoned animals, always wondering if thereīs more I can do when I know there isnīt. I do find it difficult to switch off from other peoples troubles, I wish I didnīt, but I do.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I mean what about if my main server breaks down? I certainly care about that. So, with this in mind I will probably get a backup off Ebay. Been looking tonight and found one for around Ģ220 with Del.
Because I care so much I have just installed another NAS to supplement my original one.

An extra 12Tb should set my mind at rest. I can get back to worrying about the baggage handling system at Heathrow.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 11:04 AM

The question is how do you switch off from all the unfairness and terrible things we see and hear about every day.
I think that I have let if affect me to the point where I struggle with anxiety and have thoughts of death and disease and suffering which can get overwhelming and that is not good for your mental health.
Regarding the farm animals the only answer is probably to become vegan but I can't eat any pulses or mushrooms for a start so I'd be living on rice and potatoes with some veg and that's probably not a healthy diet long term.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 11:14 AM

I care where caring is appropriate and couldn't care less where caring is a waste of time and energy.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 11:19 AM

I do sometimes but try to keep a close link with reality! I tend to turn things over in my mind for days, sometimes, and it's not a good way to be.

It's hard when it comes to family - can't always switch off then.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top