Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 10:15 AM

Beard ?

Watched a Laurel and Hardy film where Olly gets a paint brush stuck to his face. Stan cuts away the handle and he's left with an odd looking beard.
But - I've seen these beards many times usually black, the men look like they have been plungered - so why do men go for this type of beard - I've never seen a man looking good plungered .......................
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 10:23 AM

Re: Beard ?

Not sure what plungered means Patsy, is it good or a bad thing
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 10:32 AM

Not being naturally hirsuite I've never grown a beard, I did try once but I had bald patches where nothing seemed to grow so I gave it up. I did grow a moustache once when in the army, but being very fair haired I had to use boot polish on it just to make it visible.....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Not sure what plungered means Patsy, is it good or a bad thing
Looks like a plunger has been applied

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Not being naturally hirsuite I've never grown a beard, I did try once but I had bald patches where nothing seemed to grow so I gave it up. I did grow a moustache once when in the army, but being very fair haired I had to use boot polish on it just to make it visible.....
I do like a tash
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 10:40 AM

Do you mean the type of beard the Egyptian Pharaohs sported Patsy, like this one. I could never figure out whether that thing under their chin was a stick or real pleated hair, it had to be a painted stick because it would take a young man like Tut a lifetime to grow hair that length on his chin.

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-06-2015, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Do you mean the type of beard the Egyptian Pharaohs sported Patsy, like this one. I could never figure out whether that thing under their chin was a stick or real pleated hair, it had to be a painted stick because it would take a young man like Tut a lifetime to grow hair that length on his chin.

No Jem - although I don't understand that look either
I'll see if I can get a picture later ..............
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-06-2015, 10:58 AM

This is it Jem

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 10:59 AM

I know what you mean Patsy, I quite like a proper beard but these tufts look too much like the man has too much time on his hands and is into topiary. Many of them also have lines and patterns cut into their hair which puzzles me too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-06-2015, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I know what you mean Patsy, I quite like a proper beard but these tufts look too much like the man has too much time on his hands and is into topiary. Many of them also have lines and patterns cut into their hair which puzzles me too.
Yes you're right - topiary
Example of the plunger - above .........
Looks more obvious when the hair is black ..........
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 11:16 AM

This must be the year of the 'Hair'. First armpits now beards. What will they think of next?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top