Join for free
Page 52 of 60 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 12:29 PM

Re: The Supernatural

Originally Posted by summer ->
A weird thing happened to me and a group of pals the other day. We meet now and then as a group of friends from way back and have coffee. The last meeting was sad because one of our number a lady called Sylvia had died so her seat was empty. As we reminisced about her a strange thing happened a pals mobile rang and there in the display was Sylvias name...it was a call from her phone but when answered no-one was there.?

Enquiries were made to her husband who informed us her phone was in a draw in their bedroom not touched since she passed and flat as a pancake.

As people say there must be an explanation we just couldn't think of it.
How very strange Summer. I can not think of an explantion.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 08:25 PM

The weirdest thing that happened to me, and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. You know how when your lying in bed and someone comes and sits on the edge of the bed and the mattress dips down with their weight. One night when lying in bed on my left side with my arm propping up my head because I was reading and it felt just as if someone had just sat on the bed behind me. Without thinking I turned round to see who was there but as I was alone in the flat obviously there was nothing to see. But I swear to this day someone or something had sat on the edge of the bed behind me.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 08:43 PM

MC, I had this happen to me one night , I was asleep and woken by the feeling someone had walked into my bedroom , my back was to the door , I lay there waiting , the edge of the bed dipped and someone sat on the bed behind me , I just froze , I thought they were human , I could really feel it . After about 1 minute the feeling went , I turned on the light , it was scarey . I asked out loud that it never happen again and it hasn't thank goodness .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 09:05 AM

I have seen several 'apparitions' at our previous property, so have others. That of a monk, a girl and a lad. Our daughter was staying with us during her university holiday and saw a monk sitting on her bed. I was being interviewed for radio programme by a well known author, when he paused the interview as he said he could see a monk standing the kitchen. I told him not to worry about it, that sort of thing was a regular occurrence.

Some medium who had been sent by a TV company fell into a trance, much to the amusement of my husband and I, and claimed the monk had been killed on the river bank just outside the house in 1612 by Government troops. Well it made a nice story.

In December 2005 six police officers were having a 'ghost tour' as a thank you for their help in finding our Down's Syndrome son who had got lost when we went for a walk on a nearby mountain. I was relating the story when suddenly behind them a brown stain in the form of a monk appeared on the wall behind them. It freaked them out. They said they would sooner catch dangerous criminals than live in our home.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monk1.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	5600  
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 09:21 AM

Gosh tara what is that picture can you explain?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 10:01 AM

Wow Tara....

I'd be looking for somewhere else to live if that happened to me.......
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 10:26 AM

I may be repeating myself here as thread too long to read each one but for those interested my neice moved into a converted barn , within days little stones were being thrown at her whizzing past inches from her body . My sister was with her and neice couldn't find the little electronic box that opened the gates to the property even though she had put it on the coffee table an hour earlier , they hunted high and low and after a long while my neice went into the bedroom to put on her boots and as my sister was waiting she saw a black thing fly through the air and hit my neice on the leg she shouted as it hit and it was the electronic box for the gates . Sister then knew that the place was haunted as she saw it happen . Neice lived there alone for a year and had a lot of strange things happen even seeing people walk through the lounge during the day . She always slept with the light on . Strangely enough as time went on she became less scared , the stone throwing stopped and things calmed down , almost an acceptance of her energy living there .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Wow Tara....

I'd be looking for somewhere else to live if that happened to me.......
I'd have the wall checked for damp and have it fixed. Then some nice new wallpaper.

No, I'm not being flippant; just practical.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Gosh tara what is that picture can you explain?
I did explain in my post, it is a stain in the form of a monk which appeared when I was giving the police officers a 'ghost tour'.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2018, 10:50 AM

So what did you do with your damp patch after Tara? Did you paint over it? How old was the house?

Page 52 of 60 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top