Join for free
Page 4 of 53 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 09:23 AM

Re: Maddy McCann

This does seems like a real lead but I don't think it will have a happy conclusion.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes I hope the German police are correct looking at the story today it looks like they might be and this terrible nightmare the McCanns have endured might end.

If it is true...what a shameful bunch the Spanish police are !
They were more interested in blaming the parents and protecting their tourism than looking for the truth.
Oh your, so right here, Summer.

The Portuguese police were even worse - if you read "The Truth of the Lie" (it's on Youtube as well), its an absolute disgrace how the McCanns were accused of murdering their own kid with the flakiest of evidence, most of it made up.

It's no wonder that the Portuguese chief investigator was fired over his allegations.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 10:05 AM

Just seems a bit odd after 13 years, to have such compelling evidence, only listened half heartedly to the article on the tele so, may have got the wrong end of the stick.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 11:34 AM

I will wait and see what happens now.
We have had so many false leads and suspects over the years, though this new one does sound more plausible somehow.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 11:43 AM

If police can bring charges against this suspect then likely he will never be released. No hard evidence just appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 01:15 PM

I'm dubious if only for the fact that it's taken what? 13 years to point the finger at a guy who lived in a farmhouse only 2 miles away from the resort from where she vanished.

Did no one investigate him before this?
Either Portuguese police, who seem a little slipshod to say the least, or British police who have cost the taxpayer 12 million quid.

It just seems a little too convenient . A known paedo .. whereas in reality, the whole resort area must be knee deep in them.
Families with kids is like laying out tempting bait to them, ripe for the picking, especially with parents who neglect their kids and leave them inadequately supervised.
The McCanns have paid a high price for their negligent lapse.

One has to hope in a way that this is the guy if only to make an end of what has become a lifelong vigil over a missing, probably long dead daughter... for her parents .. and for her siblings, the twins, now 15 years of age, who must have had a difficult childhood indeed due to all the media and mourning and hunting for a sister they wont remember.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 01:34 PM

I have no problem with the cost of the investigation....compared to some useless public enquiry costs, I'll say no more.

It's not just about finding Madelaine or solving this one crime....I wonder how many other/new names have been linked to paedophilia because of the investigations? How many children have been spared because of these investigations?

If it's just one child being spared then it's been worth every last penny
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 02:08 PM

Well I hope they get this business sorted out soon -- am I the only one who's tired of hearing about it?

Yes it's a shame for Maddy and her parents, but I can't help thinking that if this had been a working class family on a council estate in (for example) Bradford who'd left their kids while they went down the pub, then the police & Social Services would have come down on them in no uncertain manner; handing out suspended sentences at least, and taking their other kids into care
And it would have been all done & dusted in a couple of weeks
And the Media would have condemned them in a big way

But because they're middle class parents who went to a restaurant in the Algarve we've all got to feel so sorry and sympathetic

Pity the police didn't show the same enthusiasm for chasing Muslim grooming gangs who raped and abused white working class girls for years, despite there being so much evidence about it

Or Jimmy Savile, Cyril Smith, Rolf Harris, various children's homes; and all the rest of it

I don't object so much to the time and money, spent on the Maddy case, but what I do object to is the stinking hypocrisy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 02:54 PM

Please please don't bring that old council house chestnut out again .

The social services DONT come down like a ton of bricks at all that is why baby Peter was tortured unto death in the family from hell .

They ( the McCanns ) WERE from two WORKING CLASS families who made good became doctors . They made a terrible mistake a mistake they will take with them to the grave .

People feel sorry for them because they LOST A CHILD not because they are 'middle class'.

I hate this obsession with 'class' .

They were not bad parents they made a mistake . I made many mistakes bringing up my children and thank goodness I got away with it .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Please please don't bring that old council house chestnut out again .

They WERE from two WORKING CLASS families who made good became doctors . They made a terrible mistake a mistake they will take with them to the grave .

People feel sorry for them because they LOST A CHILD not because they are 'middle class'.

They were not bad parents they made a mistake . I made many mistakes bringing up my children and thank goodness I got away with it .
I agree Muddy! All parents make mistakes, whether they accept that or not, but most mistakes don't mean you lose your child forever!
We don't know all the details yet, but if Madeleine was abducted by this man, her parents will never find peace because their mistake will always leave a painful regret.
The only relief they will get, is the knowledge that all who accused them may be less unkind to other parents of missing children!

Page 4 of 53 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top