Join for free
Page 5 of 53 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 03:25 PM

Re: Maddy McCann

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Well I hope they get this business sorted out soon -- am I the only one who's tired of hearing about it?

Yes it's a shame for Maddy and her parents, but I can't help thinking that if this had been a working class family on a council estate in (for example) Bradford who'd left their kids while they went down the pub, then the police & Social Services would have come down on them in no uncertain manner; handing out suspended sentences at least, and taking their other kids into care
And it would have been all done & dusted in a couple of weeks
And the Media would have condemned them in a big way

But because they're middle class parents who went to a restaurant in the Algarve we've all got to feel so sorry and sympathetic

Pity the police didn't show the same enthusiasm for chasing Muslim grooming gangs who raped and abused white working class girls for years, despite there being so much evidence about it

Or Jimmy Savile, Cyril Smith, Rolf Harris, various children's homes; and all the rest of it

I don't object so much to the time and money, spent on the Maddy case, but what I do object to is the stinking hypocrisy.
I'd go along with all that, especially about the 'desertion of duty' ... leaving their kids improperly cared for.
I'm sure the guilt they feel for that omission of parental care will haunt them for the remainder of their lives ...
Social services should have had words with them when they arrived back.
It's a long time ago now and so for that reason alone, I do wish if it really is the guy, and they're not just keen to wind up an old unsolved case and pin it on any old perverted scapegoat, that at long the McCann's can get some closure.
And so can we.

No, you're not on your own.
A great many people are tired of hearing about it all .. it's become an annual event.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Muddy! All parents make mistakes, whether they accept that or not, but most mistakes don't mean you lose your child forever!
We don't know all the details yet, but if Madeleine was abducted by this man, her parents will never find peace because their mistake will always leave a painful regret.
The only relief they will get, is the knowledge that all who accused them may be less unkind to other parents of missing children!
I think that all those judgemental people who condemn them should take a long hard look in the mirror first .
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I never believed the parents from day one, too many story changes, too many lies, too much manipulation of the media, too many high profile friends and "calling in favours", I could go on, but I won't, I think now as I did from day one this particular case has a very strong smell indeed.
Barry please read the two lines, To many high profile friends
and calling in favours....

this whole case is a cover up by the high profiles that were involved in all this, its easy to come to a conclusion if you do the research on the case of this poor girl, I will say no more.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 04:08 PM

Absolute rubbish .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think that all those judgemental people who condemn them should take a long hard look in the mirror first .
Well - there is absolutely no way that we would have EVER left our kids on their own while we went out for a meal even if it was only a few feet away and would NEVER have done so in a foreign holiday resort.

It just would NEVER have happened. Even in their mid teens if we went as a family they would NEVER have been out of our site and in fact never were.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 04:25 PM

Wow, there are some perfect, too good to be true parents on this forum!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 04:29 PM

We would never have left our children alone, especially that young age and if in a different country...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 04:31 PM

I don't know about perfect, as I'm not a parent .... but more a case of Realism and a desire to take precautions to care for your kids.

Isn't that the argument that some of Dominic Cummings defenders used? That your kids come first?
In a foreign country they most certainly do. To go off wining and dining with your friends as a priority is hardly a parenting skill to brag about.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't know about perfect, as I'm not a parent .... but more a case of Realism and a desire to take precautions to care for your kids.

Isn't that the argument that some of Dominic Cummings defenders used? That your kids come first?
In a foreign country they most certainly do. To go off wining and dining with your friends as a priority is hardly a parenting skill to brag about.
Here we go!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Wow, there are some perfect, too good to be true parents on this forum!
Isn't there just..........

Page 5 of 53 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top