Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 04:21 PM

What do you do when you wake up?

I saw a thread about bedtime rituals and I was wondering what you all did when waking up?

Mine is to turn the alarm clock off, move the cat off my chest (thus getting the look of "you woke me up - I hate you"), put my dressing gown on and walk through to the kitchen, pour a cup of coffee (the coffee pot is set on a timer), light a cigarette and sit down in my armchair watching a bit of BBC Breakfast. I used to watch GMTV but since that was killed off I cannot stand ITV morning programmes.

Once I'm sufficiently "with it" I have a bath, get dressed and either go to work (weekdays) or start cleaning the house (weekend).

Not a very exciting life I'm afraid!!

What's your morning ritual?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 04:29 PM

Re: What do you do when you wake up?

Get up, visit bathroom briefly, make a cup of coffee, sit down to breakfast telly, take first lot of tablets with first coffee. Might have a day or so old newspaper to read. After about half hour/hour, have breakfast, another coffee, take second lot of tablets. Stay watching telly till about 10am, if Rip Off Britain or something else is interesting, bathroom ablutions, get dressed, then think about the day.

Not a terribly fast mover in the morning!! Especially if kept awake late at night.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 04:29 PM

I don't 'wake up' I am woken up about 6am by huffing and puffing and a low growl , Schnauzer speak for where is my breakfast

So I rush down to feed Chloe , (she is sick if her tummy gets too empty) then we both go back to our beds for half an hour unless it is shopping day.

Then up/dress/walk/wash feet (Chloe's not mine ) and finally I get to have my porridge .

Life doesn't get more exciting than that thank goodness
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 04:42 PM

Turn off the alarm or check to see if its a decent hour to be up ..pull on my dressing gown and then peep out of the window to see what sort of day it is..
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 04:42 PM

I get up usually between 7 and 7-15 7 days a week.
Bathroom, wash dress and straight down to make breakfast,
Never sit down till I am eating lunch.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 05:42 PM

Unless I have to be up early, I never use an alarm clock. Wake around 7 am. Stagger to kitchen, make coffee, switch on laptop, check weather forecast, news, financial markets, mail etc... Back to bed with a cup of coffee for me and OH.
Unless it's our turn to feed the pigs we don't get up till about 8.30 or 9 am.

It's the same every day.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 05:45 PM

When I wake up I roll over and switch on the coffeemaker by my bed, then snooze for another 10 minutes or so until the coffee is ready. First cup of coffee has to be while I'm still in bed, then I get up before having the second one. I've never been inclined to watch tv early as my time with my coffee is my waking up and thinking time.
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 06:06 PM

For all my working life I have had jobs where I had to get up early, sometimes 4am. this routine has stayed with me, now I`m awake every morning around 6am, read for awhile, no chance of going back to sleep, get up and have coffee, sit and smoke pipe, take dog out for a walk, feel much better, have breakfast, around early afternoon have a nap in the chair. Anything I have to do I have to do in the morning before lethargy sets in.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 06:07 PM

I get up when I awake, usually around 5.30 to 6.00 AM.
First bathroom then dressing gown and slippers, downstairs to the kitchen, make a pot of coffee and feed the six feral cats who wait at my back door.
I then take my wife a coffee who by now is usually stirring then I go into the living room and turn on my computer, check emails, news, forums and weather etc.
My wife makes breakfast of porridge with fresh fruit and hot buttered toast which we eat together then I get showered and dressed while she watches some breakfast TV.
Back to my computer to do some banking, eBaying and Amazoning etc and wait for my wife to complete her daily bathroom activities .... Then together we face the new day !
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 06:13 PM

If you said that the first thing you do in the morning is STRETCH! that would identify you as an old Curved Air fan

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top