Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 10:26 AM

Re: What do you do when you wake up?

Originally Posted by summer ->
I feed my three cats... they think they own the house and I'm staff then shower, dress and dry hair... breakfast of porridge and fruit, then decide what to do for the day.

I have my porridge every morning in the winter, but don't you find it too substantial in the Summer Summer?
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 02:50 PM

Depends what time it is, if it's 3 4 5 or 6 o'clcok then I try to get back to sleep. If it's after that, then I listen to the radio till about 8, then get up. Visit the bathroom, weigh myself to see if I've gained stayed the same or lost weight and write it down in mhy diary.
Then it's take my one pill of the day, make my daily breakfast of poridge and bran ( I have this all year)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 03:08 PM

I try sitting up and just check how my limbs are working if legs are ok I get out of bed while wrestling a labrador for my dressing gown as she has taken to sleeping on it
Bathroom first then check my husband has gone to work and wake up Nathan if he is home. If he isn't check the phone for messages. Make a cup of tea and go to wake Grace up. Get my shoes on and take Betty and Elsie outside for their morning wees.
Back up stairs and make breakfast for Nate, have a shower and dress then breakfast for Grace and myself while pushing Nate out the door to get to work.

Wash up while Grace is getting ready for school and then take her back to her bedroom to redress as pink sparkly number is not school uniform and red shoes are a no no for school

If legs are not working it's a whole other routine
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 05:12 PM

I have to first move all the sheep I had been counting the night before
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
...and I sometimes have to move real sheep off my front lawn if some nuisance has failed to shut the field gate properly
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 06:34 PM

My goodness, before I retired in June, used to get up at 5.30am every morning with hubby, we had a routine, me, quick visit to the loo, splash face, wash hands, come straight out, kettle on, hubby into shower, both have a cuppa, me a slice of wholemeal toast, him a ciggy on the deck. Then it was me into shower, hair done, make up on and then make sandwiches for our lunches, get dressed quickly and away to work by 7 am.

Now it is me still up at 5.30 am with him, quick visit to the loo, splash my face, wash my hands, put a comb through my hair and then make way immediately for him, kettle on, a slice of toast in the toaster for me but now I sit down and watch the news whilst still in my dressing gown. About 6.45 am I make sandwiches for HIS lunch, kiss him goodbye and come back into the sitting room to slob in my dressing gown and have at least another two cups of tea before having my shower at around 8.30ish before getting dressed. Absolute heaven after working for over 50 years and doing the same routine !!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I have my porridge every morning in the winter, but don't you find it too substantial in the Summer Summer?
No, I suppose it depends on the size of the portion Mr Fox... I don't make it by the bucket load
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I know what you mean ella... those sheep are a nightmare
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 11:02 PM

Alarm goes off on radio setting, listen to news headlines, hit snooze set for thirty minutes. Get up and scratch what needs scratching then wander into kitchen, turn coffee machine on and put cup under spout. While I'm waiting for the beans to grind make my way into bathroom and pass water. Swill my hands, retrieve coffee that's now been decanted into cup and switch on the PC to read any emails that may have come in. When coffee is supped, think about getting dressed, put my oatmeal (soaked overnight) on a low peep of the gas hob then get dressed. Back into kitchen to stir my oatmeal, scoff that. Quick clean of the old teeth then out into the cruel world to earn my crust.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Alarm goes off on radio setting, listen to news headlines, hit snooze set for thirty minutes. Get up and scratch what needs scratching then wander into kitchen, turn coffee machine on and put cup under spout. While I'm waiting for the beans to grind make my way into bathroom and pass water. Swill my hands, retrieve coffee that's now been decanted into cup and switch on the PC to read any emails that may have come in. When coffee is supped, think about getting dressed, put my oatmeal (soaked overnight) on a low peep of the gas hob then get dressed. Back into kitchen to stir my oatmeal, scoff that. Quick clean of the old teeth then out into the cruel world to earn my crust.
I soak my oats overnight too (organic jumbo) it makes them creamy

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top