Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 12:21 AM

Re: Have you made Friends........

I know how close you guys were to SB - I miss her a lot too

Originally Posted by Lou ->
I have a few people who I speak too from the net. Vicki's one of them

Haven't met up with anyone though, too shy! x
The great thing about meeting people from the web is that you can start fresh - they don't know your background, so say you were normally 'shy', you can pretend not to be... and before you know it, you're not any more

Just laugh anything off that normally phased you - you'll be fine!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 01:57 AM

Several people on Catsey I do think of as real friends, although we're on the other side of the Pond .... you know who you are.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 08:43 AM

I've met quite a few people from different forums and they have all been lovely and I class them all as my friends.
A few live nearish me so do get to see them a bit more often.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 09:26 AM

Oh I hope so....
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 07:05 PM

I haven't made any friends on forums I am a bit shy too!

I have friends on the forums that I already knew through the dogs.
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I know how close you guys were to SB - I miss her a lot too

The great thing about meeting people from the web is that you can start fresh - they don't know your background, so say you were normally 'shy', you can pretend not to be... and before you know it, you're not any more

Just laugh anything off that normally phased you - you'll be fine!
LOL Good idea x
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 10:45 PM

I have met one, who I see regulary, and another that I speak to often,Im hoping to meet up with her too..............
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 09:19 PM

I'm reluctant to count anyone on a chat forum as a friend after one Dogsey women deliberately misled and defrauded many kind and generous Dogsey folk (myself included). It was a terrible indicement of the lengths some people will go to in order order to gain sympathy and money.

Having said that (after three or so years on Dogsey) there are a few people who come close and you can ask me again in three years time

As the LHM has often said (And I now believe him to be right) you never really know who you are talking to over the internet do you ?
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 09:25 PM

How sad Losos, I am very wary of people, naturally so, takes me a long time to consider someone as a true friend...I have been lucky, met some really nice, honest people on Catsey.....
But on saying that, we do have to be careful, as you never can tell..........
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 09:28 PM

[QUOTE=Azz;4078]The great thing about meeting people from the web is that you can start fresh - they don't know your background, so say you were normally 'shy', you can pretend not to be... and before you know it, you're not any more

That's fair enough Azz, but how about pretending to have an incurable illness, a husband who beats you up, two children with never a photo, a dog who who was poisoned by meat being thrown over the fence when there were three dogs in the yard and the other two didn't suffer at all, the list goes on, culminating in a totally unprovoked and abusive attack by e-mail when it looked like her 'con' had been sussed.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top