Join for free
Page 12 of 79 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 > Last »
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2012, 12:07 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The only common detail I object to sharing is date of birth
I also don't want (for many reasons) my DoB to be on a social network, not FB anyway.

So when I was conducting my 'trial' last year I put 01 Jan 2000 and it accepted it, I also tried to put 01 Jan 1811 and it thought I was too old for a social network site.

The correct answer is somewhere in between by the way
DickieMint
New Member!
Solihull, UK
DickieMint is male 

08-02-2013, 11:34 AM

I've experienced two examples of facebook friends apparently posting a "like", when they didn't.

My BiL was on holiday in Portugal during January, and didn't access the internet. Yet twice we all got a "nnn likes" [where nnn = name of a facebook friend] notice for a site dealing with education aids in the US.

Worse, yesterday, my wife got a "nnnn likes", which she did not "like" herself. However I got a post saying she had liked it. On clicking on it, a Norton Antivirus message said it had been reported as an unsafe.

Odder still is that today none of these likes is there anymore!

Anyone heard of this phantom liking and know how to prevent it?

Richard
DickieMint
New Member!
Solihull, UK
DickieMint is male 

08-02-2013, 12:18 PM

Adding to this, both my wife and her friend had this like on their "timeline", wall or whatever it's called this week. By clicking on the padlock symbol, top right, you can review your "Activity Log" and both report spam and delete the offending item.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 11:17 AM

This arrived with our latest batch.

If you have family or grandchildren on Facebook you might be doing them a favour by passing this on?

They may be aware of it but have not activated the sequence mentioned within the following text.

WARNING!!!

FACEBOOK HAS CHANGED THEIR PRIVACY SETTINGS ONCE MORE!!! DUE TO THE NEW “GRAPH APP” ANYONE ON FACEBOOK (INCLUDING OTHER COUNTRIES) CAN SEE YOUR PICTURES, LIKES, AND COMMENTS. The next 2 weeks I will be posting this, and please once you have done it please post DONE! Those of you who do not keep my information from going out to the public, I will have to DELETE YOU! I want to stay PRIVATELY connected with you. I post shots of my family that I don't want strangers to have access to!!! This happens when our friends click "like" or "comment"... automatically, their friends would see our posts too. Unfortunately, we cannot change this setting by ourselves because Facebook has configured it that way. PLEASE place your mouse over my name above (DO NOT CLICK), a window will appear, now move the mouse on “FRIENDS" (also without clicking), then down to "Settings", click here and a list will appear. REMOVE the CHECK on "LIFE EVENTS" and "COMMENTS & LIKES". By doing this, my activity among my friends and family will no longer become public. Now, copy and paste this on your wall. Once I see this posted on your page, I will do the same. Thanks

I would guess you have to post the above message on your friends pages to enable them to carry out this procedure?

The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 11:20 AM

Easy answer don't use Facebook simples !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Easy answer don't use Facebook simples !
Me neither !
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 12:05 PM

The submission was for information only and if you have no family members on Facebook no need to worry?

If you have family or grandchildren on Facebook you might be doing them a favour by passing this on?
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

13-02-2013, 12:05 PM

People need their heads testing if they put any photos of young children on social networking sites and forums. Apparently paedophiles have been known to download photos of children and transfer the head shots to disguise the identity of the children they are abusing and sharing with other perverts!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 12:24 PM

Thanks Michael for the warning I only post up pics of my Loki

What Willow says is so true!

Thanks again, Michael I had changed my setting on Facebook anyway a few weeks ago when someone else post a warning up!

Take care
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2013, 05:45 PM

I've been on Facebook for years and never had a bit of bother. If you make your account private then it stays that way.. Also some people put everything about themselves up on their page, If you don't put the information on there then it can't be used..i love a couple of the games and play them a lot. I don't go on there to chat or publish myself.

Page 12 of 79 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top