Join for free
Page 5 of 79 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2011, 06:01 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

The privacy settings are in the Accounts settings area top right hand side, when searching for people they may have a picture you do not recognise, cartoon or the like. If you want to practice on me please feel free.

To get you on the right path try a very social member of the Family, this way you will not have to search much, as you can look at their friends, once they have accepted you, then I would send the friend a FB mail and a friend request explaining who you are. Sometimes their info fits but but they are not who you are looking for so they let you know that you are mistaken.

My Sisters in law play the games, such as bejeweled, I do not personally but they are addicted, you have to give the game site access to about all your information and that of your mates, so personally I refuse it.

You can organise events, coffee morning, party and invite just who you want to inform.

Any help I can offer, please ask. Privacy settings you will un-tick more than you keep, remember to save, otherwise you will have to start again. My contact details are very vaige as well, do not give anything away such as the year you were born, mobile number or middle name, only gice what city you are in. You know what I mean.

I am facebook.com/adrian.howarth please send a covering message if anyone selects to be my friend.
Ella
New Member!
western europe
Ella is female 

06-03-2011, 10:57 PM

Thanx for all the information and keeping me in mind.

i will get to it later this week...

"talk" later on FB too

cheers, have a great week.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Manxman ->
To get you on the right path try a very social member of the Family, this way you will not have to search much, as you can look at their friends, once they have accepted you, then I would send the friend a FB mail and a friend request explaining who you are. Sometimes their info fits but but they are not who you are looking for so they let you know that you are mistaken.
Manxman - This is the thing I really don't get, so a member of your familly posts pictures and details of all his/her 'friends' and then you can contact them completely out of the blue and ask them questions

I would be most upset if that happened to me, how would I know the person contacting me has the right to do so, as I said in my previous post the last thing in the world I would want is someone writing to me saying "I am a 'friend' of xxx and then go on to talk about whatever, why can't the familly member contact this person and warn them that you are looking for them (Or someone who might be them) Is it not highly insulting to put pictures up of all your 'friends' then other people can contact them 'out of the blue' it would worry me.

Then the two of you could communicate by e-mail one to one

All the stuff that is posted on OFF and Dogsey is not directed at any single individual, it is up to the person reading it to decide whether to reply or not. There is IMO a difference between 'open' forums (like this) and closed private networks.

As I say I just don't get the face book idea at all
I know this will sound harsh, but if you're desperate for friends wouldn't it be better to join a club or something?
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2011, 12:26 PM

Can I also help with directing anyone who wishes to find old friends that there is a site called http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/ this is good to catch up with others.

Adrian
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I decided to rather quit Facebook and stay in the dark than add stress to my life. Besides, they have my email address and nobody writes. What does that tell you?
Yes Bob, I couldn't have put it better myself, also real 'friendship' doesn't happen overnight it takes time to build up, for me anyway I want to read on an open forum a bit about someones past life to judge if it fits with mine, then I might reveal a bit more about me, but never in a million years would I be happy about all my friends being shown on any page of anything, they are all different, live different lives, there is very little, if anything they have in common, so why lump them all together on a FB page.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

07-03-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Manxman ->
Can I also help with directing anyone who wishes to find old friends that there is a site called http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/ this is good to catch up with others.

Adrian
But you have to PAY don't you ???? but I will admit that SFAIK friends reunited operates on a one to one basis and doesn't drag all ones contacts into the process, that seems just about acceptable to me but as I say I wouldn't be happy with all my 'friends' being seen and contactable on FB

That is one of the main reasons I don't like the visitors messages on here, it was only after I realised that all visitor messages could be read by all 'friends' that it dawned on me that what I was talking to 'A' about could be read and maybe misinterpreted by 'B' and that worried me.
Les
Belfast - Northern Ireland
Les is male  Les has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2011, 02:25 PM

Hi Everyone, I play saxophone around ressidental and Nursing homes in the Belfast area.

I have started a facebook page called ION JAZZ please visit and hit the like button.

Over the next few months I'll post some photo's of some of the people joining in - I hope to share with you the feel good factor, that I enjoy while proforming for some lovely people that are in so many ways Isolated form society!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2011, 04:22 PM

Good man you, if I lived in Belfast we could team up. Annie33
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2011, 04:50 PM

Sorry; I dropped off Facebook a few years ago; found it confusing, hard to navigate and sort of weird! But good luck to you!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Sorry; I dropped off Facebook a few years ago; found it confusing, hard to navigate and sort of weird! But good luck to you!
Same here, I joined up (under duress from grandchildren) but never got to comprehend the concept.
As for Twitter, don't even go there.......

Page 5 of 79 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top