Join for free
Page 70 of 79 « First < 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 02:17 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh great! I type a long post, modify it, and the bloody thing disappears!! Because the threads were merged right at that moment.
I've had that problem before, though not on OFF.

What I have done in the past, if I have gone to a great deal of trouble to compose something, is to do it in Word and save it. Only then do I post it and, should the worst happen, I still have the original and don't have to do it all again!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

What I have done in the past, if I have gone to a great deal of trouble to compose something, is to do it in Word and save it. Only then do I post it and, should the worst happen, I still have the original and don't have to do it all again!
A good tip that is and something I do all the time, any text program will do even an e-mail program. When the internet is busy I have found there's often a slight hesitancy when finding a website or manoeuvring within a website already in use, Safari can be very quick with 'Safari cannot find the server' which could be the end of any text if not composed separately. Also the use of the 'Command key + 'S' key (Save) is the most used combination on my keyboard, usually every five or so minutes, that way only five minutes' keyboarding can ever be lost. 'Command key + 'C' key (Copy) is also another combination I regularly use, just in case.

I've been on keyboards and computers for many decades (since 1982) and this has been standard practice, saving me hours of time and therefore, when I was working, a lot of money too!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 03:09 PM

I would, normally, but I was (and still am) on the iPad.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 03:54 PM

@ Jazzi – Do you have Pages on your iPad? If so then you can use that for text.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
@ Jazzi – Do you have Pages on your iPad? If so then you can use that for text.
I had to update it first, and restart the iPad. So I have a document, with two words ‘testing testing’.

How does one upload a page of text to a forum? I had no great options for sharing. Thanks.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 06:09 PM

I had to update it first, and restart the iPad. So I have a document, with two words ‘testing testing’.

How does one upload a page of text to a forum? I had no great options for sharing. Thanks.
I don't know about an iPad, but I simply drag my mouse across the text to highlight it, click 'copy', then in the forum click 'paste'. I'm sure there'll be something similar on an iPad.
Baz46

20-02-2021, 08:21 PM

I don't use an iPad myself but use Macs, it does seem very similar to copying and pasting on an iPhone which I do have. However, the link below shows how to do that on an iPad so perhaps give it a try as shown:

https://www.lifewire.com/copy-and-pa...n-ipad-4103782
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 12:06 AM

I don't know about an iPad, but I simply drag my mouse across the text to highlight it, click 'copy', then in the forum click 'paste'. I'm sure there'll be something similar on an iPad.
It is quicker to use CTRL+A to select all the text followed by CTRL+C to copy it

Then go to OFF and in the reply CTRL+V to paste it in.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:34 AM

https://www.businessinsider.com/stol...-online-2021-4
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 04:12 AM

I remember when most of us had our phone numbers listed publicly in phone books because having an unlisted number was an extra fee.

Page 70 of 79 « First < 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top