Join for free
Page 71 of 79 « First < 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:06 AM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

SF, Opt Out schemes have always been pain in the arse (and costly}. Why would any person or organisation assume an individual would want to Opt Into anything in the first place?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:52 AM

Another good reason to avoid faecesbook !
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Another good reason to avoid faecesbook !
Agreed!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I remember when most of us had our phone numbers listed publicly in phone books because having an unlisted number was an extra fee.
ah yes we did didn't we, I was posh and went ex directory lol.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My life/leisure has improved immeasurably because of Face-book.

The people in my groups are real. I would hate to lose them!!
I have my moments with facebook where I hate it then I love it. I have been on facebook for 9 or 10 years and it's been brilliant for keeping in touch with my large America family all in one place. Some of the groups have some vile people in, people I don't know, they are our local groups, I am in them because I like to know what's going on in our town and surrounding towns and I've often thought of coming out of them because of the ugliness I see sometimes. My personal facebook is good, I have a lot of fun on there and love to keep up to date with my friends and family. I especially love when they share pictures of the good times.

It's not such a bad place, some people including my Dad slate it and they've never even been on it to give it a try and all because of the bad press it gets. The good outweighs the bad I reckon.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:19 AM

Hi

A huge hack of Facebook, your details freely posted on the Dark Web.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/145402...million-users/

Time to change your passwords etc.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:27 AM

I couldn't figure out how to work it properly, there are so many places to check if you've got a message. It's because of this I missed the two Russian girls who wanted to come running with me out into the country.... I do hope they join the forum.....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:54 AM

I was persuaded to join about six years ago - within a month my bank account was hacked - and someone put an evil 'keystroke' virus on my PC - took the techy gang best part of three days to trace what had happened and clean it completely.

Wouldn't touch faecesbook again for all the rice in China. Once bitten - twice shy!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-04-2021, 11:58 AM

Thanks for the 'heads up' Swimmy - but I would never touch faecesbook again!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A huge hack of Facebook, your details freely posted on the Dark Web.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/145402...million-users/

Time to change your passwords etc.
The only password most people would put, into Facebook, would be their Facebook password.

I suppose there is a risk if that password is used elsewhere than Facebook.

If an email address ahs been put into Facebook, it might be a good idea to check the "haveibeenpwned" website.

Page 71 of 79 « First < 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top