Join for free
Page 13 of 68 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 > Last »
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 09:55 PM

Re: Interesting Stuff

http://i.imgur.com/mVj3PWX.jpg
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 10:34 PM

A Turkish doctor faces jail because he compared Erdogan to Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

03-12-2015, 10:49 PM

P&O Cruises’ two new ships Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden join up with Pacific Jewel, Pacific Pearl and Pacific Dawn and sail into Sydney harbour last month.

Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 03:38 AM

An artist's impression of the fleet of P&O Cruises' ships to be sailing around Australia, including the Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/travel/h...cf4537f990bc91
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

04-12-2015, 04:30 AM

You see to have a problem with me Pumicestone, challenging my posts, I should know what's happening in my own home town.

Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 04:45 AM

No probs at all, Toots. Just a fetish for accuracy.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

04-12-2015, 04:53 AM

Last weekend in Sydney we had a music festival and Sylvia Choi died. She was the fifth person to die at an Australian music festival this year, and 120 people needed medical assistance.

Sylvia Choi was a qualified pharmacist and her workmates were stunned to hear of her death.

But this doesn’t happen in Europe or Canada. An organisation such as DanceSafe arrives the morning of the festival with a crate full of laboratory equipment and patrons queue to have their drugs tested. Sometimes it's even subsidised by the government at no cost to the patrons.

Earlier this year, 29 year old Amy went to the Shambhala Festival in Canada. She said punters were queueing for over an hour to have their drugs tested and there was even a warning board about dodgy drugs that were being offered for sale among the crowd.

But what did our state politician say when Ms Choi's death was announced?
"The first thing we need to do is stop people taking drugs."

That comment reminds me of you Pumie.
Pumicestone
Australia

04-12-2015, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by tootsweet ->
But what did our state politician say when Ms Choi's death was announced?
"The first thing we need to do is stop people taking drugs."

That comment reminds me of you Pumie.
I am very pleased about that, Toots.
It makes perfect sense to me.

If this scourge often rears its ugly head at 'festivals',
by all means take every step to 'stop people taking drugs' there.
Sniffer dogs, random searches, signage, CCTV to identify the dope peddlers, covert surveillance ... whatever it takes.

And if a grandchild of yours were to have died there, I have little doubt you would advocate exactly the same measures or even more.

Beyond that, education programs and more resources for enforcement and compliance and heavier penalties for dealers - why the hell not ?
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

04-12-2015, 10:06 PM

Didn’t you notice that sniffer dogs and police didn’t help the 120 people who had a bad reaction and the young woman who died. It’s not working because they refuse to allow testing by organizations like DanceSafe to test the kid’s drugs before they go in. And why? Because it would be admitting we have lost the war on drugs.

Anyone who says they know what their grandchildren are doing is a fool, kids take risks and always have done.

So my guess was right, if you were on a committee and asked to vote on whether or not to allow a drug testing company to be brought onto the site of the rave before it starts to test the kids drugs, (like they do in Europe and Canada), you would vote no. That’s because your mind is closed and locked up tight.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

04-12-2015, 11:02 PM

Lovely 101 year old lady

https://youtu.be/xbFKvAmX_wU

Page 13 of 68 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top