Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 07:11 PM

Re: Jobs you've had

Course you're brave Deb...

We're only a small community, and your piccies might've gone all around the world

Go on....you know you want to
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 07:35 PM

In my day, like others here, you could walk into and out of jobs as you liked!
Whilst at school, l worked in Woolworths in the holidays and at weekends, on the Haberdashery counter!
I left school at sixteen and went to college full time for two years to learn Ladies Hairdressing and every aspect of it, including all the Sciences, Art, Boardwork (wig making) etc. I regret not staying on for an extra year which would have qualified me to teach the subject. I stayed in hairdressing for two years and decided l wanted a change so l became a sales representative travelling round selling hairdressing products. The driving nearly killed me so l decided to do something else.
I joined a drawing office as a Tracer/Technician. I then moved on to the 'Roads' Dept at my local County Council and l worked on drawings for Spaghetti Junction, M42 and local by-passes.
I then got married and had children, so l did hairdressing in nursing homes where l could take my children with me. I also sold Vanda make up to people in the area.
As my children got older, l went to work very part time on reception at a private Squash Centre and Sport Centre. I also worked very part time at a Market Research company.
I then went to work in Local Government in the Housing Dept and they paid for me to do a two year course in Housing Studies. With this qualification, l applied and was accepted to the University of Central England but my employer couldn't fund it, l was 48 years old at the time!
My marriage broke up and l met my (ex) partner. He owned a few companies and l did some work in them.
Then l retired and l hate it!! I regret ever finishing work!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Then l retired and l hate it!! I regret ever finishing work!
Art that's sad that you hate it, you could still do hairdressing if you wanted couldn't you
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 07:58 PM

Trainee Office Girl.
Typist/Admin for the Metal Box co.
Typist/Receptionist for Zenith Insurance.
WP Typist for Sedgwick Marine Ltd.
Accounts Typist for Thompson McClintock.
WP Typist for Minet Reinsurance Brokers. (10 years).
Accounts Typist/Admin for BJ Sexton & Co.
Playground Supervisor for Private School.
Private Cleaning jobs.
Now unemployed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes, me too JBR. Counting up I've had 16 jobs, not including volunteering.
Oh, and I was a paper boy as well!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Thanks for all your replies. Interesting to see what people have done. But a shame no-one's been a pole dancer or a stripper
My wife's brother's wife is a pole dancer and teaches it in Plymouth!
All above board, of course.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-05-2016, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I then moved on to the 'Roads' Dept at my local County Council
Was that in the days before they invented pot holes?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 09:26 PM

Left school
Trained to be a tv engineer
45 years later retired
10 minutes later got bored
Worked for 2 years for a double glazing company
They went bust
Worked for 2 years for a swimming pool company
They went bust
Worked for 2 years for a garden centre in Dorset
I went bust
Moved back to Kent from Dorset
Haven't worked since
Getting bored again
Watch this space!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 09:43 PM

Left school at 16, went to Newmaret as a stable hand, didn't last long there.
Went to work at a riding stable in Kingston-upon-Thames (it's still a working stable today amazingly, though much changed.).
After 5 years left & went into shop work, discovered I liked selling & was good at it, work for various firms.
Got married had kids, stayed home til youngest, my Daughter went to school, then got jobs cleaning houses & offices.
Retired, but still sell at flea markets & fairs, weekend days once or so a month.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 10:01 PM

Worked for a couple of well known companies, got to watch a lot of folks, that maybe more important than CSI.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top