Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 06:18 AM

Re: Why Do People Use Different Profile Names On Different Forums?

I only post on this forum .
My user name is slightly different form the one I have used on a previous forum because I messed up the registration !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The bigger question is why use profile names at all? What is wrong with your real name?

It is really irritating when in a thread "Meglamaniac" is addressed as "Barry" if the name is not a secret why not use it?

Because there are crackpots and weirdos out there .
I was on a forum ( it's now no more ) thank goodness .
It had plenty of both.
It also had a nasty line in cliques and a particularly vicious one run by a then ( supposedly )serving police officier .
She spent so much time on there I wondered whenever she and the rest of her boys in blue gang had time to do any policing .
I have to say it coloured my thinking of the police and their constant moans about too much paperwork.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 06:41 AM

Personally it never ceases to amaze me how much time some people actually spend on forums, I can barely find time during the day to keep up with this one, let alone several...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Personally it never ceases to amaze me how much time some people actually spend on forums, I can barely find time during the day to keep up with this one, let alone several...
Yes, some folks can't help asseverating all over the place.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Because there are crackpots and weirdos out there .
I was on a forum ( it's now no more ) thank goodness .
It had plenty of both.
It also had a nasty line in cliques and a particularly vicious one run by a then ( supposedly )serving police officier .
She spent so much time on there I wondered whenever she and the rest of her boys in blue gang had time to do any policing .
I have to say it coloured my thinking of the police and their constant moans about too much paperwork.
Unfortunately some of those "Crackpots and Weirdos" have found their way on to this site now and if we're not careful will cause this site to fail also.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
JBR, lve gone as red as a beetroot here! Thank You for your lovely words! I took the pic today, with a selfie stick l bought from Poundland....you should've seen the other pics...Eeeeeeek!
Yes indeed Art, you are a beautiful lady today just as you were when you were 21 just a few years ago
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 02:49 PM

Here I was old git,now I am older git-I think it fits. And yes many years ago I had other `names` but this one here is comfortable
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Unfortunately some of those "Crackpots and Weirdos" have found their way on to this site now and if we're not careful will cause this site to fail also.
@EZ
Old Dog
Suffolk
Old Dog is male  Old Dog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 09:36 PM

Two different names for two very different sites .....

But there is a connection between the two names.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Old Dog ->
Two different names for two very different sites .....

But there is a connection between the two names.
Is this a game?

How about 'Old Labrador' or 'Old Poodle', or even 'Old Schitzu'?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top