Join for free
Page 4 of 37 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 03:53 PM

Re: Smut innuendo and associated silliness

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You're such a darlin(for a Glaswegian bird)
xxxx
Excuse Me...that should be BURD
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Excuse Me...that should be BURD
Please accept my apologies.....Burd.
Hey I've just noticed......this thread is one of M's most successful.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 03:57 PM

Smut, sexual innuendo and its associated childish silliness

Well, I suppose it depends on what sort of person you are. I don't consider myself to be particularly smutty, but perhaps I am a little childish in my sense of humour.

I think that everyone, or perhaps almost everyone, has some degree of humour in them, although there are those particularly serious people who don't seem able to let themselves go. I must add that I do draw the line at personal attacks, although it wouldn't upset me if anyone here wanted to call me all the names under the sun or even make aspersions about my mother. I have a very thick skin. Perhaps some would argue that I have a very thick head!

For those who can't abide this sort of humour, there's always that Mumsnet thing, or whatever it's called.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 04:00 PM

Ooh mums net now that's a scary place with some very strange people, even stranger than we are on this forum
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I've just been down to put some flowers and scented candles in the Trash Can...please remove all halos before entering..I thank You.
May I hope you remembered the tea and biscuits too...... cos I have a bottle of "you know what" to go in it.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 04:04 PM

As somebody once said

"This is a forum for God's sake not a bloody WI knitting circle !
It should reflect life with all it's vagieries warts and all ... There will be disagreements and that is to be expected and encouraged.
No name calling, no abuse and certainly no bullying, but not all goody goody posts pleeeeeese"
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
As somebody once said

"This is a forum for God's sake not a bloody WI knitting circle !
It should reflect life with all it's vagieries warts and all ... There will be disagreements and that is to be expected and encouraged.
No name calling, no abuse and certainly no bullying, but not all goody goody posts pleeeeeese"
Quite agree
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I do hope that the forum will not descend into the depths of smut, sexual innuendo and its associated childish silliness again attracting those bandwagon jumpers who monopolise the threads as it was a few weeks ago.
It has been very adult of late, generally speaking that is, and a pleasure to be a contributing member.
You must have led a very sheltered life....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Smut, sexual innuendo and its associated childish silliness

Well, I suppose it depends on what sort of person you are. I don't consider myself to be particularly smutty, but perhaps I am a little childish in my sense of humour.

I think that everyone, or perhaps almost everyone, has some degree of humour in them, although there are those particularly serious people who don't seem able to let themselves go. I must add that I do draw the line at personal attacks, although it wouldn't upset me if anyone here wanted to call me all the names under the sun or even make aspersions about my mother. I have a very thick skin. Perhaps some would argue that I have a very thick head!

For those who can't abide this sort of humour, there's always that Mumsnet thing, or whatever it's called.
Hi

have you been on Mumsnet and seen what they talk about on there?

Makes this Forum seem very tame.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 04:10 PM

Is this thread now going to take over from Morticia's "Flounce" one?

It seems an unwritten forum rule that there is to be at least one introspective, angst-ridden, thread ongoing at all times

Page 4 of 37 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top