Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 08:39 PM

What Toys did you have as a Child?

I remember having a Humming Top which I drove my Nan and Grandad mad.

I also had a Walking Talking Doll which was about 2' high.

And I remember having Felt clothes with a cut out doll.

When I was only 3 years old, I was in Hospital and my Dad asked me what I wanted and I said Rubber Goofy, he bought it for me and it was nearly as tall as me.

otherwise we played loads of games.

Snakes & Ladders, Ludo, Cluedo, Monopoly etc. and we liked playing cards.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 08:54 PM

Re: What Toys did you have as a Child?

Whip and top - Skipping rope - Paper dolls that you dressed with paper clothes - Clockwork toys, wind them up and watch them go. Sketch pads & pencils - I was always drawing because I had nobody to play board games with.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 09:12 PM

Yup, sure I had all or some of the above. I also loved the etch a sketch!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 09:16 PM

I had usual boy's stuff, action man,subbuteo all the usual my favorite was a football game a bit like tiddlywinks, where you had to flip a disc into the goal I loved that game, I seem to remember having a horse racing game but I can't recall what it was called,oh and I had all the original Thunderbird's toys, and captain scarlet , wish I'd kept them all
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 09:33 PM

I remember my son used to like a toy called 'Stretch Armstrong', that he used to like alot. He also used to like his 'Leggo.' He had a lot of those little 'Matchbox' cars he was always playing with as well.

I had a small soft tiger I used to take to bed for years, and a Muffin the Mule puppet on strings which I carted everywhere with me. He was made of metal not like the plastic toys you get nowadays.
I also used to play 'Jacks' with those little metal things you tossed in the air and had to catch on the back of your hand.
We also played 'Hopscotch' out on the pavements - imagine that now, nowadays we'd probably get reported for chalking on pavements.
I also remember playing Monolopy and 'Snap' and Snakes a Ladders, or being out on my bike, and have a vague recollection of playing Dominoes with my Grandad.

We used to play 'Knock down Ginger', knocking at doors and running away, and I used to go 'scrumping' with my brother, too.
Happy days, ey.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 09:36 PM

I remember having a tin plate fire engine with an extending ladder, and Dinky toys, which I managed to destroy over time and now worth a fortune and in demand by collectors.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 09:44 PM

I had a "Jacko" monkey called Cherchi, a small doll that had clothes moulded onto her body, a horrid doll that was my sister's, my Mum used to put new hair on her for me, loved those paper dress up dolls. my BIL made me a wooden stable for my plastic ponies and my sister used to draw a class of people for me on squares of paper so I could play schools (I hated school so thought this was odd!)
My favourite doll was a Sindy but I always longed for a Tressy!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 10:14 PM

Did anyone ride what we called a jigger? It was just a board affixed to another one, two sets of wheels, and steered by rope. Powered by another kid pushing you!!

Great fun.

I also loved toy plastic animals. We had a shop down the High Street that sold them, or Woolworths.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 10:29 PM

I remember them, and still have the scars to prove it
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2016, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I had usual boy's stuff, action man,subbuteo all the usual my favorite was a football game a bit like tiddlywinks, where you had to flip a disc into the goal I loved that game, I seem to remember having a horse racing game but I can't recall what it was called,oh and I had all the original Thunderbird's toys, and captain scarlet , wish I'd kept them all
Was that Escalado by any chance? A long green plastic strip one end secured to an end of a table, the other end having a crank handle operated in a similar way to a football rattle.

Six different coloured horses (made from lead ) were lined up at the anchored end and the crank handle turned. The vibrations from the crank created waves in the strip which made the horses move forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdHqJRkZ4m0

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top