Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 05:18 PM

Re: What Toys did you have as a Child?

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I had lots of those airfix soldiers LD, massive battles between Red indians v the Africa Corp.
Weren't they great!!!

I seem to remember the Airfix ones were the tiny ones in the flat box, then there were the bigger ones around 2" high.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 05:26 PM

Ah mine were the titchy ones, last time i had a play with soldiers was on a top priority site i was working on. A model oil rig built to scale, even had model oil workers scattered around it, hard hats and all.

It was the center piece of the Lord Mayors opening ceremony. I went out and bought a load of Cowboys and Indians and scattered them among said rig.There was hell to pay, but i remained unfound.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 05:29 PM

Ah mine were the titchy ones, last time i had a play with soldiers was on a top priority site i was working on. A model oil rig built to scale, even had model oil workers scattered around it, hard hats and all.

It was the center piece of the Lord Mayors opening ceremony. I went out and bought a load of Cowboys and Indians and scattered them among said rig.There was hell to pay, but i remained unfound.

I also remember making model boats, cars, whatever then setting them alight.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 10:36 PM

I had lots of those airfix soldiers LD, massive battles between Red indians v the Africa Corp.
Battles between Red Indians and the Afrika Korps! Wow! That would be a particularly interesting encounter, if a little one-sided!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 10:40 PM

Gosh you guys are bringing back memories for me.

My brothers were mad on war games and would build a battlefield on their bedroom floor ... I used to get to build the tanks for them. Highly secret work it was too .. smuggling the kits in without the other knowing.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 11:35 PM

l remember once my brother and myself had an argument so l kicked over his lines of toy soldiers. He ran into the kitchen and got the floor mop and pushed it in my face!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 11:48 PM

Tssk ... sounds like me and my sister. I got the scissors and cut the strings off her string puppet.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Tssk ... sounds like me and my sister. I got the scissors and cut the strings off her string puppet.
As we're straying a little off-topic, I'd like to tell you about when my brother and I fell out.

He had an infuriating habit of playing his tape cassette player far too loudly in our shared bedroom and completely failed to listen to reason when I asked him to turn it down.

Enough was finally enough and one day I stuck a small pin through the mains cable, bridging the two conductors, and then carefully cut of the protruding parts of the pin so nothing was visible. Of course, as soon as he plugged it in it blew a fuse and subsequent attempts had exactly the same effect. Eventually, he assumed it was faulty and threw it away.

Nasty, eh?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 07:19 AM

Must admit to buying my son the game Crossbows and Catapults, only because i wanted to play it, hours of endless fun firing things all over the living room, she who i never obeyed was not amused. Her bulldog chewing a wasp expression was priceless.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-08-2016, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
l remember once my brother and myself had an argument so l kicked over his lines of toy soldiers. He ran into the kitchen and got the floor mop and pushed it in my face!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top