Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 10:08 PM

Re: Supper Time INVITE

Oh no MIck's not a friend of the family - if he met my OH they would fight again - I was Mick's favourite "groupie" 'til that Marriane Faithfull came along. He did teach me how to play the bagpipes and the "squeezebox" - Anyway here he is - he says it is a great party and he says he will be fine with The Quo in the conservatory. He's bought Noddy Holder with him (hope thats OK - they will have to stay off the sauce or they may have an accident and break your beautiful ornaments up. If it gets too wild in there we will have to send for Azz to moderate. Looks like old Paul has had it - did you see him under the table - poor fella - can't hold his drink
Have I missed the food ?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 10:10 PM

Sorry I'm late to the party - been shopping so good plenty of snacks and booze for you all
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 10:31 PM

Well Aerolor, Mick missed his opportunity, and now the best man (OH) won!

What is that funny smell coming from under the table??? Is Sir P smoking something???? None of that lark in my home! He can now stand in the corner and reflect on his behaviour, while one of my dogs stands guard over him.

Welcome Azz, whose just arrived with two bags of MORE yummy goodies from Waitrose and Marks & Spencer (only the best for us)!

Now sprinkle the strawberries with Champagne ..... I said SPRINKLE not POUR!!!

Now pass another Stirred Martini to dandysmom, and let's have a quiet moment and enjoy a poem. The cat will purr along.....

Rainbow

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 10:32 PM

[QUOTE=Rainbow;74748]dandysmom, Stirred Martini coming up. My Chinchilla would be horrified by any attempt of bad manners - she is most insistant on etiquette! No idea what she is making of this Supper Party. But she will know she has found a good safe lap with you - watch your Prawn Cocktail though!

Hope to retrieve your poems from under Sir P.

Did Bill Grogan's goat survive - poor thing! - And this is a childrens' poem! YIKES.

Rainbow
[/QUOTE

If she (what's her name, BTW?) is anything like my girl, she's wishing everyone would just go home and let her enjoy the peace and quiet!

Oh yes, the goat survived ... train stopped and he was safe.

Another silly one:

There was a young woman from Niger
Who went for a ride on a tiger
They returned from the ride
With the lady inside
And a smile on the face of the tiger.

Have I paid my dues yet for the entertainment and booze? Good martini!! ?
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 10:39 PM

Her name is Mishka. She would not appreciate noise and hub-bub. That is why the boys are in the Conservatory, and we are around the other side. If Mishka leaves your lap she will be back when she decides to allow you the pleasure of her company!

Relieved to hear the goat survived.

Do you remember the poem; Casey Jones. I heard that as a child and was very touched by it.

Rainbow
Rainbow
Surrey UK

18-10-2010, 10:47 PM

dandysmom, love the tiger limerick.

"Dues"??? Just having you here with us is enjoyment enough, but supplying us with poetry too is so lovely.

(I will be sorry to see you all leave ...... Thank you so much for coming).

Rainbow
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 10:48 PM

I think its time for Mick and Noddy to leave Rainbow - I think you should stay out of your conservatory until tomorow - when I promise I will come round to help you clear up. It was a mistake to trust them with my bagpipes and squeezebox - its a horrible sight in there. My bagpipes will never be the same again. All I can do is apologise I am sure they will both be sorry in the morning.
I'm not taking that Paul McCartney with me - he's stoned - can he sleep on your sofa
Its been a great party - a lot better than when I went to Elton John's one last week. You really are the hostess with the mostest Raiunbow.
Next week, when the scaffolding has come down from around our house you can all come round to our place. I'll ask David Essex to come - he's a bit more refined than that Mick and Noddy - I should have known better. Thanks again - the food was great Rainbow - Beam me up Scottie
Rainbow
Surrey UK

18-10-2010, 11:02 PM

Aerolor, I'll borrow your scaffolding to hold the Conservatory up!! LOL.

No worries about clearing up - the two lovely TV ladies (with the blonde hair in a bun and marigolds) have promised to help clean up any mess left behind. Paul Daniels offered, but I declined.

Safe journey through cyber space....... nite nite

Rainbow
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 11:25 PM

I'm sorry i'm so late but I was doing 'stuff' lol
I hope my pyjamas dont offend but my evening dress is at the cleaners

A poem

“When I was at the party,”
said Betty, aged just four.
“A little girl fell off her chair,
Right down upon the floor;
And all the other little girls
Began to laugh, but me –
I didn’t laugh a single bit,”
Said Betty seriously.
“Why not?” her mother asked her,
Full of delight to find
That Betty bless her little heart –
Had been so sweetly kind.
“Why didn’t you laugh, my darling?
Or don’t you like to tell?”
“ I didn’t laugh,” said Betty,
“ Cause it was me that fell.

It always amused me... hope it made you smile too!!

I've brought a lemon cheesecake too if anyone fancies a slice?.. I'll put it in the fridge
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Her name is Mishka. She would not appreciate noise and hub-bub. That is why the boys are in the Conservatory, and we are around the other side. If Mishka leaves your lap she will be back when she decides to allow you the pleasure of her company!

Relieved to hear the goat survived.

Do you remember the poem; Casey Jones. I heard that as a child and was very touched by it.

Rainbow
Oh we have a Myshka on Catsey too, also a Persian, but male. Please post a pic of your girl, that would be nice for us cat people.

Yes, goat survived; I remember Casey Jones but not well enough to quote it without Googling. Tiger limerick an oldie, but just came to mind ..

Thanks for a fun virtual party, must do it again! I'd be happy to bring some things next time

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top