Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 11:10 AM

Good deeds

Where has Mups, 'Good Deed' thread gone?
I have just written out a reply, gone to post it and a caption came up, saying 'Invalid' something or other! Now, l can't find the thread?

Well after all the trouble l have gone to, l am going to post it here.. a place similar to a place where 'unknown soldiers' are buried. Or where, surplus to requirement posts go to!

I have being doing a good deed for my eldest daughter who has taken three of her four sons to Tenerife for the week.
Usually, she puts her cats in a cattery but the one she usually uses had no vacancies.
I went to her house on Monday and fed the two cats in the back garden. They really wolfed the food down.
In the evening, my daughter rang me and asked if the cats were ok. I said, 'Yes, but your ginger cat really scoffed the food!'
She said, 'l haven't got a ginger cat!'
I said, 'You have, I remember him, he was called Azzy!'
She said, 'He's been dead for years!'
The next day, l made sure that it was the right cats eating the food. There was a tabby and white one sitting in a garden chair and l called it to eat but it ran away! I realised that was a 'guest' when a little one appeared and l recognised it as Meadow, one of her cats! Ginger cat was there too but must've realised, l've sussed him out and he ran away!
Three days on, l think l've got it right!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 11:20 AM

Re: Good deeds

Someone complained so she had it deleted. I couldn't see anything wrong with it but I understand her not wanting to argue.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Someone complained so she had it deleted. I couldn't see anything wrong with it but I understand her not wanting to argue.
Now I feel like a cuckoo, taking over the nest or a 'gate crasher'!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 11:31 AM

You are neither you just didn't see last couple of posts.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Now I feel like a cuckoo, taking over the nest or a 'gate crasher'!

Not at all Art.

I found your post very amusing, and thanks for the reply.

At least you and Julie didn't find talking about good deeds offensive! x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-06-2017, 11:52 AM

It can't be offensive mups often when I read of others deeds it makes me think can I do that, can I help in some way. It's inspirational I think is the correct word.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 12:01 PM

I didn't complain about the thread. I just made the comment that our good deeds are best not talked about.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I didn't complain about the thread. I just made the comment that our good deeds are best not talked about.

Well I hope your pleased with yourself now Tara. I asked for it to be deleted.

Why you find asking if people would help, or walk by, disturbing is beyond me.
Personally it makes me feel nice and warm to help someone, because I care about people. I also see no shame in talking about it.
Each to their own. Don't join the thread if you feel it is wrong.
Simple.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-06-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not at all Art.

I found your post very amusing, and thanks for the reply.

At least you and Julie didn't find talking about good deeds offensive! x
Aye? What? Doing a good deed is offensive? Is someone having a laff here?!!

So, l have being 'offensive' driving every day this week to my daughter's house whilst suffering with the most painful massive blister on my big toe to feed her two cats? Struggling up her garden, trying to differentiate which were her cats and who were the uninvited guests?!!
In the circumstances, l think l was a bl***y saint!! Now that's offensive!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-06-2017, 12:15 PM

Art.

Now hush, we mustn't talk about helping people.
Might even be construed as boasting and that is a sin surely.
It must only be done in secret. Naughty girl.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top