Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 12:16 PM

Re: Good deeds

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well I hope your pleased with yourself now Tara. It is gone.

Why you find asking if people would help, or walk by, disturbing is beyond me.
Personally it makes me feel nice and warm to help someone, because I care about people. I also see no shame in talking about it.
Each to their own. Don't join the thread if you feel it is wrong.
Simple.
Did I ask you to get rid of the thread? NO I DIDN'T. It is up to you if you want to tell the world what you did. Personally I prefer not to mention things I do, but each to their own!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 12:18 PM

Art.

Now hush, we mustn't talk about helping people.
Might even be construed as boasting and that is a sin surely.
It must only be done in secret. Naughty girl.
Terrible the two of you actually helping people ! Where will it end we could have a kinder society if we all did that and no one wants that surely
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Did I ask you to get rid of the thread? NO I DIDN'T. It is up to you if you want to tell the world what you did. Personally I prefer not to mention things I do, but each to their own!

I never did say you had asked me to remove it, don't make things up!

You are right about it being up to me though. So keep your beak out if you don't approve - simple.

I personally found Art's story funny, I could imagine it all.

We may have had other amusing stories too, until you spoilt it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Terrible the two of you actually helping people ! Where will it end we could have a kinder society if we all did that and no one wants that surely
It is great that people want to help others, we should all do so if we can. But I just don't see why people need to broadcast their good deeds.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Where has Mups, 'Good Deed' thread gone?
I have just written out a reply, gone to post it and a caption came up, saying 'Invalid' something or other! Now, l can't find the thread?

Well after all the trouble l have gone to, l am going to post it here.. a place similar to a place where 'unknown soldiers' are buried. Or where, surplus to requirement posts go to!

I have being doing a good deed for my eldest daughter who has taken three of her four sons to Tenerife for the week.
Usually, she puts her cats in a cattery but the one she usually uses had no vacancies.
I went to her house on Monday and fed the two cats in the back garden. They really wolfed the food down.
In the evening, my daughter rang me and asked if the cats were ok. I said, 'Yes, but your ginger cat really scoffed the food!'
She said, 'l haven't got a ginger cat!'
I said, 'You have, I remember him, he was called Azzy!'
She said, 'He's been dead for years!'
The next day, l made sure that it was the right cats eating the food. There was a tabby and white one sitting in a garden chair and l called it to eat but it ran away! I realised that was a 'guest' when a little one appeared and l recognised it as Meadow, one of her cats! Ginger cat was there too but must've realised, l've sussed him out and he ran away!
Three days on, l think l've got it right!!
They saw you coming Art
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 12:23 PM

So was Art wrong to 'broadcast' her helping her daughter?

Did that offend you too?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 12:24 PM

Art.

Now hush, we mustn't talk about helping people.
Might even be construed as boasting and that is a sin surely.
It must only be done in secret. Naughty girl.
Mups, Me a 'Naughty girl', boasting even? ....Excuse me whilst l polish my halo!!

Always remember......heroes don't always wear capes!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-06-2017, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They saw you coming Art
Word will have got round the whole neighbourhood now.
They will be waiting for the party to start next time you go Art.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They saw you coming Art
Muddy, Do You mean my daughter or the cats?!
When my daughter says, 'l've got a massive favour to ask... and then there's a pause..... my face goes all peculiar!
If you meant the cats? The ginger cat flies when it sees me! How dare it take advantage of my good nature when it knew the food wasn't for him!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-06-2017, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Muddy, Do You mean my daughter or the cats?!
When my daughter says, 'l've got a massive favour to ask... and then there's a pause..... my face goes all peculiar!
If you meant the cats? The ginger cat flies when it sees me! How dare it take advantage of my good nature when it knew the food wasn't for him!

Perhaps the poor old thing hasn't got anyone else to look after him, Art

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top