Join for free
Page 4 of 65 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 05:10 PM

Re: I am all worn out

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Mups

I just picked a container company at random but this one quotes £12 per week for a minimum of 4 weeks. I'm not sure if here are any hidden extras because really, you would have to give them your details but it might be worth a look.

http://www.portablespace.co.uk/produ...container-hire

What worries me though if you stay put, is that you will have no cooking facilities.

X LD

I just had a look at the link, and they are over in Suffolk.
Surely that can't include a delivery/collection charge?
I will explore more tomorrow but you are a sweetheart for trying to help.

My head is all over the place at the mo dongles, there is too much going on for me to think any more today. If I keep going I will start making mistakes, and I can't afford to do that, I must keep a clear head.

While I was out this afternoon, the bloke phoned who's copy report I received today (after chasing them), he wants me to ring him back. It is a bit late now, he's probably finished for the day so I will make a list of what I want to ask him and call him in the morning.
I also have the building inspector from the council coming round in the morning to see this report and precisely what work it is they want me to get done before they start.
As I said earlier somewhere, he looks quite ferocious but he has been very kind in trying to help me with all this.

Regarding no cooking facilities, they said they will make me a food allowance because I will have to either eat out or get takeaways every night.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You need to establish that it was subsidence though, since it has now been blamed on the tree roots, that have been removed,
Ask for written details of all their reports since the 2010 incident. When I had my flood I challenged my insurance on the amount they offered and ended up getting 3 times the amount.If I can be of any help to you give me a call. I am a bit of an expert at dealing with insurance companies!

Twink, a lot of the early communication was done over the phone until I got a bit wiser and started emailing instead, then I had answers in writing.
I asked for copies of every survey done, and I have printed and kept those.
I have a whole box file overflowing with letters and reports, so plenty of stuff to refer to.
Thank you for trying to help though. x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-07-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mups I wasn't thinking of the seaside more a local holiday caravan .

I have stayed in holiday cottages and a caravan when I suddenly found myself homeless.

I'll give that further thought Meg, thank you.

Do you fancy boarding Nellie & Gertie? Being as you are experienced, I will send up the naughtiet two.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-07-2017, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
What lovely offers of help on here for you! I sincerely hope it all gets sorted out for you, one way or another.

Sending hugs, just cos you need em!

Thanks Jazzi, much appreciated. x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-07-2017, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Hello Mups,
I am sorry you are having to go through this but also disgusted about the way you are being treated by the insurance company.
They are happy enough to take money off people who want to insure against the possibility of things going wrong but do anything they can not to pay out if things do. I despair.

Thank you for your support MC.

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone else for their ideas, support, good wishes, and cuddles (I could get addicted to those ) I really do appreciate it and luv the whole lot of ya. X X
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 05:24 PM

I think holiday cottages may be a but expensive at the moment due to school holiday time. If they are paying though it could be a treat for you and the pups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-07-2017, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think holiday cottages may be a but expensive at the moment due to school holiday time. If they are paying though it could be a treat for you and the pups.

Oh Gawd, you're right Tess. I forgot about it being peak season with the schools broken up now.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 05:32 PM

What about, pitching a tent in the garden, build a fire and singing songs in the evening whilst burning sausages on sticks and baking spuds in the embers?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-07-2017, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What about, pitching a tent in the garden, build a fire and singing songs in the evening whilst burning sausages on sticks and baking spuds in the embers?

Not one of your beter ideas Tess, not for 3 weeks, but at least you've made me smile again. x
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 05:40 PM

Good idea Tess OR we could erect a big Marquee and go and spend the time with her..... a bit like a hippy love in.

We could take a few barbeques and cook dinner on those, have a few glasses of wine and then all curl up in our sleeping bags.

I will make a list of who is coming Mups.

Page 4 of 65 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top