Join for free
Page 51 of 65 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 10:40 PM

Re: I am all worn out

Yes, nearly done.

When I recover from this, I would like to replace my tiles round the sink and cooker as they are really old and look worse than ever now.

I looked in B & Q and also in Wickes today, and seen some I quite like.
I never dreamed how dear tiles are though, blimey!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, nearly done.

When I recover from this, I would like to replace my tiles round the sink and cooker as they are really old and look worse than ever now.

I looked in B & Q and also in Wickes today, and seen some I quite like.
I never dreamed how dear tiles are though, blimey!
Retro Mups...retro - it's all the rage now
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 10:58 PM

They are indeed, Pesta.

I have moved some of my stuff back, but everything has got to be washed because he seemed to throw plaster about with gay abandon.

The electrician is coming back tomorrow to reconnect a light fitting they dismantled, and sort my freezer socket out.
Only problem is, at the moment I haven't been able to find the flippin' ceiling light ready for him to put back up.

I will have to search in the morning again, I've got to find it before he gets here. It will be "somewhere safe", but Gawd knows where.
Did you get the two-way light switch conversion done?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Did you get the two-way light switch conversion done?

Yes I did thank you Judd.
That was nothing to do with the insurance though.
I'm very pleased, it is so much better.

You know what I said before about how people will only do exactly what it says on their worksheet and nothing else, well when my electrician channeled the wall out to do the wiring, the grumpy decorator was not prepared to fill the groove in, even though he was plastering only about 4 ft away!
He didn't make the groove, so why should he fill it in!
I couldn't believe it.

He eventually did, but he was not a happy bunny at all.

BTW Judsy, do you know if you can still buy those soft tone strip lights? I have a feeling they were stopping making them, and ordinary white flourescent lights hurt my eyes, so I might have a problem if I can't find my other one in time.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 11:21 PM

I'm surprised your sparky didn't fill the wall chase in, I would have done.

Is this `strip light` for your kitchen? If you mean the old-style fluorescent fitting they are slowly being phased out but you can still get them. You can get tubes in different colours - bright white, daylight and off-white. The off-white isn't as harsh.

Why not treat yourself to a new type of ceiling light, one that has LEDs in it, cheaper to run and more efficient.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-09-2017, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'm surprised your sparky didn't fill the wall chase in, I would have done.

Is this `strip light` for your kitchen? If you mean the old-style fluorescent fitting they are slowly being phased out but you can still get them. You can get tubes in different colours - bright white, daylight and off-white. The off-white isn't as harsh.

Why not treat yourself to a new type of ceiling light, one that has LEDs in it, cheaper to run and more efficient.

Why do you always have to confuse me Judsy?
I don't flippin know what LED kitchen lights are like.

Anyway, I bet he won't put a different light in, he will say he only has to put everything back as it was before, not do any additional work.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 08:26 AM

They are indeed, Pesta.

I have moved some of my stuff back, but everything has got to be washed because he seemed to throw plaster about with gay abandon.

The electrician is coming back tomorrow to reconnect a light fitting they dismantled, and sort my freezer socket out.
Only problem is, at the moment I haven't been able to find the flippin' ceiling light ready for him to put back up.

I will have to search in the morning again, I've got to find it before he gets here. It will be "somewhere safe", but Gawd knows where.
Check Gerties Basket.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-09-2017, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Check Gerties Basket.

You were right Nom! I have found it.

Well spotted.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 11:28 AM

Sounds like things are all coming together now Mups.
Bet you never imagined you'd get this far?

You need to give yourself and your furry friends a treat after all this.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-09-2017, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Sounds like things are all coming together now Mups.
Bet you never imagined you'd get this far?

You need to give yourself and your furry friends a treat after all this.

Thank you Mort. X

That's most of the insurance work completed, but need to get some jobs done for myself next.

I think the dogs have been marvellous coping with being shut away so much. It has not been easy trying to keep them out from under the contractor's feet every day.

Just had a phone call. The electrician is on his way to fit my light back up and finish my freezer wiring.
That'll be another job done.

Page 51 of 65 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top