Join for free
Page 53 of 65 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 03:01 PM

Re: I am all worn out

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
We are standing by to standby ....shine the bat light on a cloud and we will turn up mob handed and have a little word in his shell like ear

I shall bear that in mind my friend, and thank you.
Keep a sharp lookout in the sky for my signal, won't you. x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
Whatever you do don't make him any more tea.
1) he's taken advantage.
2)he'll pee all over the toilet pan more often.

Good thinking Newcomer.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
We are standing by to standby ....shine the bat light on a cloud and we will turn up mob handed and have a little word in his shell like ear
I was going to lend you my Bat car but.....there's been a hiccup.

Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I was going to lend you my Bat car but.....there's been a hiccup.

Bugger!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I shall bear that in mind my friend, and thank you.
Keep a sharp lookout in the sky for my signal, won't you. x
I have been out in the garden since I got back with the dog food....nothing yet...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

27-09-2017, 11:37 AM

Still haven't heard when dodgy dave is coming back to finish the papering.
I'd prefer them to send somebody else really, but we'll see.

I am quite excited this morning, as a windows & doors man has just been to look at my drafty old back door. It doesn't fit in the frame properly and is so cold during the winter.

I'd asked the insurers about a new back door and although very reluctant, they sent this chap round to see if it could be adjusted or mended and he has said it can't, so is going to tell them I need a new door.
I really, really hope the insurers will approve it, so keeping my fingers crossed. I will be chuffed to bits if I can have it.

This window man was the hugest man I have ever seen, he was - h-u-g-e and filled the doorway as he walked in.
I asked him how tall he was and he said he is 6ft 8ins !!!
I only came to about waist band on his trousers!

Many years ago I met Geoff Capes.
I met him at the bird club I used to belong to, because Geoff was an avid breeder of budgies and used to do talks about them. There was something rather nice about seeing such a huge man with such enormous hands being so gentle handling these little birds.
But this chap this morning was even bigger than G.C. was.

He also wafted after shave in his trail, and my Izzy don't half smell of it now, where he'd been fussing her.

Ahem . .. . . anyway, back to the door..... I really, really hope this will be approved.

I have then got an electrician coming tomorrow to sort out these power points.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 01:51 PM

Hi

Mups,all this should have been sorted out before.

Any movement due to subsidence would have affected the doors and windows.

You cannot rely on your Insurers, their job is to minimise the payout, not look after you.

I have issued a letter before action against my Insurers yesterday.

They have come back with an offer of £1000, instead of the £100.

They can get stuffed.

Keep at it girl, you deserve better.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 02:16 PM

Swim posts:

"You cannot rely on your Insurers, their job is to minimise the payout, not look after you."

You've got that right - all bastards to the last man/woman/person
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 03:10 PM

It's a shame you didn't have a life sized cardboard cut out of Dom Littlewood to stick in your window Mups. I say life sized but it would only be a couple of feet tall.

On a serious note, as Tpin says, his boss should get rid of the bloke as he is obviously a cowboy. If he was working for his own customers he wouldn't last five minutes in business.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 03:14 PM

I'm refitting my own kitchen at the moment and have moved everything around, the fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher and even the kitchen sink has changed walls. I now spend most of my time walking around in circles.

Page 53 of 65 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top