Join for free
Page 55 of 65 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 08:43 AM

Re: I am all worn out

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ive mentioned him in dispatches, and recommended him for a gong in the New Years Honors list.
Originally Posted by Tpin ->
So he'll soon be decorated

You two are getting on my wick already this morning!

No, it's not quite over. His boss has told him to come back and finish the bloomin' wallpapering. He's back next Monday. He aint gonna be pleased either, but he should have done it first time, so it's his own fault.

He also left my smoke detector with no batteries and my Carbon Monoxide detector off. I've done the smoke alarm now, but he'll have to fix the other one back up next week.

Just waiting for my electrician to arrive to check some sockets I can't get the plugs into now.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 08:53 AM

Hi

Just an idea Mups, why don't you offer Bed and Breakfast for Builders?

They spend enough time at yours and you still have to get your tiling and other things done.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just an idea Mups, why don't you offer Bed and Breakfast for Builders?

They spend enough time at yours and you still have to get your tiling and other things done.

Now don't you start as well, Swim!

The electrician's been and checked every point in the kitchen.
In one, he couldn't pull my mobile charger back out the socket even!
He has put two new double sockets on now, and they are lovely, so I am pleased about that.

Next job is the tiling starts 16th Oct.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-10-2017, 12:35 AM

Dave came back today because he 'forgot' to paper the last bit of wall.
Anyway it's finally done and he was actually very helpful too.

I am not altogether happy with the floor sloping. I was told it couldn't be properly levelled because the plinths on the kitchen units were not removable.

There is now a ridge where the old part of floor joins the extension floor and when I was showing Dave he said I ought to report it.
He even offered to phone the boss-man and tell him himself. I said OK and thanked him.
A few minutes later he came back in and said he had spoken to the contractor boss and they asked him to get some photo's of the dodgy floor.
He took some photo's, and sent them straight to his boss!
So that was good of him I thought.

I shall wait to hear if they are coming out to have another look now.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I am not altogether happy with the floor sloping. I was told it couldn't be properly levelled because the plinths on the kitchen units were not removable.

There is now a ridge where the old part of floor joins the extension floor and when I was showing Dave he said I ought to report it.
He even offered to phone the boss-man and tell him himself. I said OK and thanked him.
A few minutes later he came back in and said he had spoken to the contractor boss and they asked him to get some photo's of the dodgy floor.

Mups there is little point finding more reasons to keep all those men at your house....they will have to go eventually.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 08:33 AM

And the hussy actually had the nerveto attack me for getting a bit of female attention, this house is turning into the.

Free Dodgy Dave the Decorator
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 12:44 PM

Hi

I find that totally unacceptable Mups and it will affect the value of your property if you try to sell.

It is their problem, not yours.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-10-2017, 03:25 PM

It slopes so much, it is more than a little dodgy trying to get things out of the oven because the door won't stay open, it tries to swing shut while I'm seeing to whatever is in the oven. It's going to burn me arm if I'm not careful.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 03:35 PM

It slopes so much, it is more than a little dodgy trying to get things out of the oven because the door won't stay open, it tries to swing shut while I'm seeing to whatever is in the oven. It's going to burn me arm if I'm not careful.
Mups, if your oven door didn't do that before then they need to make it as good as it was. Tell the insurance co that the job is not finished till the house is back to its original condition.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-10-2017, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Mups, if your oven door didn't do that before then they need to make it as good as it was. Tell the insurance co that the job is not finished till the house is back to its original condition.

Have just emailed him Twink.
Waiting for a reply now.

Page 55 of 65 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top